I think

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

I think

Postby Gooseboy » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:13 pm

If my dad allows cus the gun safe is getting kind of full i want to buy a 30-06.

Any suggestions? I would like to stay at 300 dollars but will go up to 400 and it would be great if it came with a scope, even a cheesy one.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby jumpshooter » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:48 pm

check out your local pawn shop, ask who their gunsmith is then I would go talk with him he should remember the guns he looks over and if it is no good they shouldnt sell it. also if you find one that you like see if you buy it and your gunsmith doesnt give it the ok make sure they will take it back with a refund of your money exept your $7.50 background fee.
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan
jumpshooter
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:56 pm

If you want a new one, the Stevens 200 is the best bang for the buck. Put on a low end scope and adjust the trigger (free), it is hard to beat for the $$.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:02 pm

bgoldhunter wrote:If you want a new one, the Stevens 200 is the best bang for the buck. Put on a low end scope and adjust the trigger (free), it is hard to beat for the $$.

exactly..... and its a good acurate gun that u can do any kinda upgrade u want to in the future. most savage parts interchange.

and why a 30-06? not knockin the good ol '06, just wonderin...... whucha gunna do with it?
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:26 pm

Probably gonna try for deer. Maybe some hogs one day and some yotes. Sure 30-06 is overkill for yotes but im not gonna buy another gun for them because im not going on a yote hunting trip im shooting them because there are to many on our land.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby bgoldhunter » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:30 pm

With a Stevens/Savage, you can also easily change the barrel in the future to something different. Boltfaces are also easily changed, so that is also a big plus.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum