Holsters?

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Holsters?

Postby jcz » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:20 am

Just bought a sig/sauer ultra compact 1911 .45 to carry. I saw a thread here a couple weeks ago with some pics of some guys carry weapon and their holsters. I searched for the thread but can not remember exactly what it was about or even if it was here or the HH.

I am looking a few ideas for a good, comfortable holster.

Suggestions and pics of your carry weapon are appreciated.
jcz
hunter

Re: Holsters?

Postby coruptone » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:06 pm

The most comfortable holster that i have found for myself is a uncle mikes shoulder holster in a cross draw. I am 5'7'' 180lbs and i may carry my 1911 full size or my sig P250 sub compact in .45. 95% of the time i have shorts on and a tight under shirt and can hide this setup with a xl shirt untucked. Very comfortable while sitting,driving and never prints. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:
coruptone
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:14 pm

You cant hardly beat a hybrid leather/kydex inside the waistband rig. Galco, crossbreed, comptac, Parker, white hat, and hr custom make the same style holster in varying degree of price. They ability to distribute the weight evenly across your belt as well as conceal very well make for a good cc holster. The holster remains open wafted drawing allowing for easy reholstering as well. I carry a full size glock 40 everyday with a t shirt and shorts and I'm 6' 155 lbs. I have a paddle holster I use during th winter with a jacket but I always go back to the hybrid when the weather warms up
Last edited by whaknstak on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby jcz » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:06 am

Thanks guys, I finally found the thread I was looking for. It was in the self defense forum. I looked at some of Uncle Mkie's pocket holsters and a few minator (sp?) IWB holsters.

I'm not sold on any certain one yet. I'm sure I will end up with a couple different types.
jcz
hunter

Postby Nerdwick » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 am

I just ordered a custom IWB holster from White Hat.

Should be nice whenI get it back!!!
Nerdwick
hunter

Postby Force Fetch » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:03 am

I am not much for carrying inside the waistband. I have recently been using a Blackhawk Serpa for a SR9c and Colt 1911 Officers Model and find it both comfortable and quick. A jacket or sweat shirt covers it just fine.
Force Fetch
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:26 am

Force Fetch wrote:I am not much for carrying inside the waistband. I have recently been using a Blackhawk Serpa for a SR9c and Colt 1911 Officers Model and find it both comfortable and quick. A jacket or sweat shirt covers it just fine.

Just don't blow a hole in your leg or foot. The retention mechanism on those holsters has caused a lot of nd's since they were released. Bad design imo.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby Force Fetch » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:41 am

I sort of figured that befor eI bought the Serpa, and practiced and continue to practice it with an unloaded handgun. I can see where it would be a problem until you drew it an dry fired it a couple (a hundred) times. Good advice!
I still think it is the right holster for me.
Wayne
Force Fetch
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum