Alzheimer's Disease (BS)

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Alzheimer's Disease (BS)

Postby Sagebrush » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:58 am

Now you tell me ........................................!!!

Last edited by Sagebrush on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sagebrush
hunter

Re: Alzheimer's Disease

Postby clampdaddy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Put the things in the do-hicky, then put the gizmos in the whatchamacallit, put it all in the deal, and you're done. Easy. :lol3:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby mmayes » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:57 am

Well at least you know the parts will be clean when you get it back together

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby RustyGunz1960 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:51 am

I have a Mitchell 300 fishing reel in the same condition.
RustyGunz1960
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:19 pm

I have two Mitchel 300's that are getting real old but still working. One of the best reels ever made that
keep on "Ticking"................ Have one BIG 302 ocean spin reel also.
Don't know if the 300's will go another full break down, seals and parts are pretty wore out.................
but they sure were fun, maybe two more seasons ?

Salmon, steelhead and stripers have taken their tolls on the old reels.......they now just see trout and pan fish fishing
in their golden years. 40 years of great service.
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby RustyGunz1960 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:05 am

I'll falling in love more and more with old Mitchells. I recently picked up a 308 at a show to match with an old Garcia Conolon fiberglass rod that I used with a small Penn reel for over 30 years. The rod now has a match made in heaven. Hi-tech graphite rods and fast retrieve reels are nice but give me some classic gear any day. Likewise, I have a more modern fly outfit, but often chase trout with my old glass rod mated with a Pfueger Medalist. Maybe I'm just getting old, but these young whipper-snappers are missing something chasing modern techology.
RustyGunz1960
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:44 pm

Pfueger Medalist fly reel floating line on a old Pfueger "Wound Glass" two section fly rod four weight was my
all time favorite trout rod during the summer months with a fly hatch, for some dry fly action.

Finally broke it while going through the Granite fields up in Washington out of Everett, chasing goldens and cut's.
Should have had TWO alum. rod cases, not just one on my back and a rod in hand but I was also carring a Pentex
35mm with a 12" zoom lens in a fanny pack...................

Sagebrush
hunter

Postby Bloke » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:28 am

Sagebrush wrote:I have two Mitchel 300's that are getting real old but still working. One of the best reels ever made that
Don't know if the 300's will go another full break down, seals and parts are pretty wore out.................

Salmon, steelhead and stripers have taken their tolls on the old reels.......they now just see trout and pan fish fishing

Sagebrush, if you ever need any parts for those old Mitchells, you can check out Coastline Service Center in Goldsboro NC. They have every part you will ever need and a bunch of them for the old Mitchells. Brownie would be glad to ship them to you. Keep those old Mitchells tickin for years to come. :thumbsup:
Make sure their toe nails are wet
Bloke
hunter

Postby RustyGunz1960 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:42 am

Bloke wrote:
Sagebrush wrote:I have two Mitchel 300's that are getting real old but still working. One of the best reels ever made that

Sagebrush, if you ever need any parts for those old Mitchells, you can check out Coastline Service Center in Goldsboro NC. They have every part you will ever need and a bunch of them for the old Mitchells. Brownie would be glad to ship them to you. Keep those old Mitchells tickin for years to come. :thumbsup:

That's good to know. After I picked up my 308 a friend of mine who had several from back when they were still made said that their bailsprings were their weak link and that If I find any I should stock up on them.
RustyGunz1960
hunter

Postby Bloke » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:48 am

RustyGunz1960 wrote:
Bloke wrote:

That's good to know. After I picked up my 308 a friend of mine who had several from back when they were still made said that their bailsprings were their weak link and that If I find any I should stock up on them.

Yes sir he would be correct and they should have plenty of them. They are a little bit of a pian to put in though.
Make sure their toe nails are wet
Bloke
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum