S&W Model 28/Highway Patrolman

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

S&W Model 28/Highway Patrolman

Postby shoveler_shooter » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:51 am

Anyone else on here have one? I ended up doing one hell of a trade yesterday....trade value of the S&W ended up being between $300 and $400...and it's chambered in .357 mag. :beer:
UmatillaJeff wrote:This load would drop ducks and geese like thors hammer in my hands, I would bet the equity in my house on it.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Re: S&W Model 28/Highway Patrolman

Postby adustydawg2 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:11 am

Model 28, Highway Patrolman, is a great gun if you like a large frame revolver. I have one with the 5 inch barrel. Shoots great and mild recoil. A word of warning. Do not use aluminum case ammo in this gun, ie Blazers. Those cases get hot quick and can get stuck in the cylinder. You will need to hand push them out. Just be sure to keep the cylinder clean and no problem. Try some Remington 125 grain hollowpoints or Hornady TAP ammo for self defense. Georgia Arms 125 gr SP for practice or small game. Enjoy
adustydawg2
hunter

Re: S&W Model 28/Highway Patrolman

Postby shoveler_shooter » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:40 pm

adustydawg2 wrote:Model 28, Highway Patrolman, is a great gun if you like a large frame revolver. I have one with the 5 inch barrel. Shoots great and mild recoil. A word of warning. Do not use aluminum case ammo in this gun, ie Blazers. Those cases get hot quick and can get stuck in the cylinder. You will need to hand push them out. Just be sure to keep the cylinder clean and no problem. Try some Remington 125 grain hollowpoints or Hornady TAP ammo for self defense. Georgia Arms 125 gr SP for practice or small game. Enjoy

Thanks for the warning...i'll make sure to avoid the aluminum ammo. Just got 100 rounds of Fiocchi semi jacketed HPs, brass, for $22/50. Can't wait to get in some shooting with it this weekend, I've never fired a .357 round before.
UmatillaJeff wrote:This load would drop ducks and geese like thors hammer in my hands, I would bet the equity in my house on it.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum