Benelli R1

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Benelli R1

Postby casey_714 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:26 pm

Hey guys, just need a little input on a hunting rifle.

I was looking at the Benelli R1 in a magazine, and it seems like it could be a pretty good gun. I would mostly hunt deer with it, some elk, and possibly moose/bear in the future.

If I DID end up with this gun, I'm thinking the .300 Winchester Mag in Comfortech (comparable to the 7mm magnum) would be my first choice.

Anyways, I'm not really asking what caliber would be the best anyways.. Has anyone one here ever owned an R1? Any positive/negative experiences with them?

Here's the website. Make sure the click on the "launch video" option on the left side :thumbsup:
http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/r1Rifle.tpl
casey_714
State Moderator

Postby doane25 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:11 pm

never owned one but i have put a couple rounds through one. that comfer-tech is pretty sweet. it made the 30-06 feel like nothing. as far as the caliber of the gun i would say that you got the right one in mind. 300 win mag all the way.
doane25
hunter

benelli

Postby TheLastTrapper » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:04 pm

ive never shot one but i will let you know that they make a good gun i own a nova pump action 3 and half mag shot gun from benelli their guns are a little expensive but they put great pride in building them its been in the bottom of swamps dunked ,lost,and fell outta truck at 90 km hour, and lifetime warrenty on most of them,, i would go for it and if you dont like it wich you will you can always trade it in for a browning lever action 7mm, with a leopold 3-12x50 scope, its what i own and what a gun that is
TheLastTrapper
Newb

Postby DivinDuckSlayer » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:20 pm

I have one.. I have the R1 .300WSM.. I was thinking about the comfort tech but im glad i didnt spend the extra money. there's a kick but it's not bad at all.. it is an awesome gun... very light too
DivinDuckSlayer
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum