browning automatic rifle

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

browning automatic rifle

Postby BERKLY » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:41 pm

Really want one. Thinking about a 270 or a 300wsm the only thing I dont like about the 300wsm is the capacity. I know I know one shot one kill. But for those of us in the real world that is not always the case. One other thing nikon or leupold what do you think. :help:
BERKLY
hunter

.300 WSM

Postby A-Bomb » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:00 am

as far as capacity goes, any short mag is gonna hold less shells, bolt or auto loader. it sounds to me like you have some wide open shooting where your located. i would sacrifice the 2 extra shots for the performance your gonna get out of the .300 WSM...its awesome, you wont be dissapointed. the .270 WSM is another great performer.

now, the one shot one kill thing, we should all stive for that. but, on occaasion a follow up shot is required. but, IMHO, if you cant kill it on the 2nd or 3rd shot, your probably not gonna kill it with the 4th or 5th...MOST guys are just aimlessly flinging lead bu then. :pissed:

as far as the scopes youve given us to choose from, i dont think you can go wrong either way. both quality products. i have a bunch of monarchs...i love em. :thumbsup:
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:09 pm

i love mine in .243 just a pretty gun almost to pretty to hunt with really :thumbsup:

as far as cal for you i personaly think the .270 wsm is a awsome round
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby skybuster20ga » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:44 am

up here in maine my family tracks big bucks in the northwoods where there arent any hunters unless they also are of that breed so the bucks get huge, 250 plus lbs and you need a gun with the power and ability to anchor these deer in there tracks. not all the shots are "text book television" shots so you need a bullt that will penetrate from the hind quarter up through the deer and exit or atleast do massive damage otherwise you might not get your buck. we all carry 7600/7400/750 carbines in 30-06, 35 whelen and bolts of 350 mag caliber and i have never ever seen a deer hit that didnt go down with these combos.
skybuster20ga
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum