36%
savage
27%
tikka
36%

Total votes : 11

tikka vs savage vs remingtion

Postby yellowlab » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:35 pm

just wanting some thoughts i will be getting one chambered for .204 for p-dog shooting most of the time any info would be nice as i am both testing the waters and indifferant between them

thanks ...yellowlab[/quote]
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:15 pm

I can't pick one or the other I love'm all. I have a 30-06 and .243 rem in wood stocks and a 7mag Tikka in syntheic. Kill a many game with all so either brand you pick will be good. Just for poops and giggles I went with the tikka because I like how the action of the bolt. It seemed to slide easier to me.

edited by kcduckslayer
choose your words a little wiser
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby bgoldhunter » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:30 pm

Well...depends what you want to do with it.

I am guessing you want a great shooter, and keep it stock. If so, I would take a Savage and don't look back. Every Savage I have has been a shooter out of the box, and improves even more with a few hundred rounds through the barrel. You can swap barrels and boltfaces, and have a blast with 'em. The tupperware stock is pretty flexy, though. I'm replacing mine with good aftermarket stocks like B&C and Stockade.

I would get a Remington if you wanted to do a build on it later. The 700 is the small block Chevy of rifles, and you can do anything you want. Barrel, stock, and trigger choices abound. Probably not quite the out of the box shooter like the Savage (with exceptions made for more specialized versions like the VS SF and others), but will be pretty darn good.

I'm not a Tikka fan, so I am leaving this one alone.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:04 am

i love the savage guns. cant beat em. but if you were spending more than 750 bucks, a sendero (if they chamber em in 204) would be my vote....
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby kcduckslayer » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:18 am

In all honesty I dont think you could go wrong with any of the 3.

Now remember this is just my opinion based off of the guns I have seen

Remington
Nice finish on the 700's. There are alot of parts available. Any gunsmith will work on them.

Tikka
nice finish. good quality

Savage
ok finish, good quality gun.

If it was me I would also take a look at the Winchester model 70 and the Browning A bolt. I am not sure if they make them in the caliber that you are looking for.
kcduckslayer
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum