Rifle help

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Rifle help

Postby jasonphoto01 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:00 pm

In the market for a good reasonably priced rifle. I found this locally and was wondering if this was a good deal? Thanks guys!

MUST SELL: for sale winchester model 70 7mm rem mag in perfect condition less than 3 years old. has a simmons scope 3x9x40 already sighted in. has built in clip that holds 4-5 rounds. this rifle is a very light gun that is real easy on the back shoulders. includes shoulder sling 350obo
jasonphoto01
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:17 pm

It is an average deal IMO, and is about what I see those for around here. The scope came with the gun, and isn't the best, as with the mounts. IIRC, it is a CRF action, and that is a big plus over some of the others that are CRPF actions. If I were to get it, I would save up for a better scope and mounts, but is very usable as is.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:34 am

decent deal, but how shot out is it? get it borescoped by a good smith before buying it. that will tell you alot about the previous owner.
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby muddydog » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:19 pm

You can get a new Savage at walmart for about 30 dollars more and Ill bet that it will outshoot that Win. every time.
muddydog
hunter

Postby ALMODUX » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:25 pm

muddydog wrote:You can get a new Savage at walmart for about 30 dollars more and Ill bet that it will outshoot that Win. every time.

Until it breaks. :lol: Just kidding. Nothing wrong with a savage, but that Win is a better, or at least more desireable, bolt gun, IMO. That's not a bad deal, but not a screaming deal, either. :biggrin:
Here's a thought: Let the ducks work and decoy.
ALMODUX
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:10 pm

I am a huge Model 70 fan, and they are still my favorite.

However, I am also a big Savage fan because of how they shoot. I've only had a few M70s that would shoot as well out of the box as the average Savage. And you can change barrels in about 15 minutes! Only problem I have had would be the extractor on a few of 'em.

I'm torn between them both, and have a hard decision every time I buy a hunting rifle between both of 'em.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum