Whats your weakness

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Re: Whats your weakness

Postby winchester1852 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:30 pm

Russian sks are my weakness cheap fun reliable.
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Thu May 01, 2014 9:20 am

My new weakness. AR-15. Nothing special, yet.
Attachments
IMAG0588-1.jpg
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby blackrock » Thu May 29, 2014 10:47 pm

image.jpg
Here's one of mine, S&W Performance a Center 460!
blackrock
hunter

Postby R. Chapman » Fri May 30, 2014 10:21 am

870s. They are my biggest weakness when it comes to shotguns. Have 8 right now. A while ago, I could have bought an E grade, not F, E grade 870 for $1500. Brand new and I passed on it. Far as rifles go, I am a sucker for those weird, hard to find caliber guns. Just the other day I got a Ruger M77 Mark II in .300 Remington SAUM. Also got a .222 Remington, 6mm Remington, and 8mm Remington Magnum. Right now I'm in search of either a Remington 673 Guide Gun or a Remington Seven CDL chambered in .350 Remington Magnum.
Obummer's real name- Black Hussein Osama
R. Chapman
hunter

Postby micneador » Fri May 30, 2014 1:20 pm

R. Chapman wrote:870s. They are my biggest weakness when it comes to shotguns. Have 8 right now. A while ago, I could have bought an E grade, not F, E grade 870 for $1500. Brand new and I passed on it. Far as rifles go, I am a sucker for those weird, hard to find caliber guns. Just the other day I got a Ruger M77 Mark II in .300 Remington SAUM. Also got a .222 Remington, 6mm Remington, and 8mm Remington Magnum. Right now I'm in search of either a Remington 673 Guide Gun or a Remington Seven CDL chambered in .350 Remington Magnum.

Funny you say that, I have one in that caliber. Just make sure they have the gold trigger, my old ford had two bullet holes in the cab because of that gun.
Never hire a plumber to do a pipe layers job.
micneador
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Fri May 30, 2014 7:02 pm

S&W revolvers with blued finishes.
I acquired a highway patrolman in a trade, wasn't even looking to trade for one of those, but once I saw it and after I shot it I knew I wasn't gonna be able to sell it.
My next purchase will be a model 29 with the 6.5" barrel, then maybe a model 1917 .45acp after that. Or maybe a model 15.
I just can't help it. :biggrin:
UmatillaJeff wrote:This load would drop ducks and geese like thors hammer in my hands, I would bet the equity in my house on it.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby R. Chapman » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:18 pm

micneador wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:870s. They are my biggest weakness when it comes to shotguns. Have 8 right now. A while ago, I could have bought an E grade, not F, E grade 870 for $1500. Brand new and I passed on it. Far as rifles go, I am a sucker for those weird, hard to find caliber guns. Just the other day I got a Ruger M77 Mark II in .300 Remington SAUM. Also got a .222 Remington, 6mm Remington, and 8mm Remington Magnum. Right now I'm in search of either a Remington 673 Guide Gun or a Remington Seven CDL chambered in .350 Remington Magnum.

Funny you say that, I have one in that caliber. Just make sure they have the gold trigger, my old ford had two bullet holes in the cab because of that gun.

What gun do you have in what caliber?
R. Chapman
hunter

Postby micneador » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:02 pm

The Remington guide gun in .350 rem. magnum.
micneador
hunter

Postby blackrock » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:34 pm

image.jpg
shoveler_shooter wrote:S&W revolvers with blued finishes.
I acquired a highway patrolman in a trade, wasn't even looking to trade for one of those, but once I saw it and after I shot it I knew I wasn't gonna be able to sell it.
My next purchase will be a model 29 with the 6.5" barrel, then maybe a model 1917 .45acp after that. Or maybe a model 15.
Well here's something we can agree on! I'm really in to wheel guns, especially like the older guns that are pinned and recessed. This 4 inch .41 is my latest Gunbroker acquisition. Unfired in the box, but not for long, it won't be a safe queen I bought it to pack. .41 is my favorite magnum caliber, more fun to shoot than .44, but still wicked enough to hunt most things and defend against 4 and 2 legged predators. I like it so much I've got five of em. The past five years have been a great time to pick up really nice S&W revolvers at pawn and gun shops as a lot of people had to sell them or fell for the black plastic auto craze. I've scored some smokin deals. Cool you found a Highway Patrolman, nice gun! Pretty hard to pass them up, I started buying handguns and just can't stop. An old gent I know who collects and restores bulldozers summed it up with a dead pan face, "it's a sickness".........
blackrock
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:17 pm

blackrock wrote:
image.jpg
shoveler_shooter wrote:S&W revolvers with blued finishes.
Well here's something we can agree on! I'm really in to wheel guns, especially like the older guns that are pinned and recessed. This 4 inch .41 is my latest Gunbroker acquisition. Unfired in the box, but not for long, it won't be a safe queen I bought it to pack. .41 is my favorite magnum caliber, more fun to shoot than .44, but still wicked enough to hunt most things and defend against 4 and 2 legged predators. I like it so much I've got five of em. The past five years have been a great time to pick up really nice S&W revolvers at pawn and gun shops as a lot of people had to sell them or fell for the black plastic auto craze. I've scored some smokin deals. Cool you found a Highway Patrolman, nice gun! Pretty hard to pass them up, I started buying handguns and just can't stop. An old gent I know who collects and restores bulldozers summed it up with a dead pan face, "it's a sickness".........

The way the muzzle looks on the N frames with the 4" barrel is my favorite look on a revolver. Maybe any handgun for that matter. If the one I have wasn't so pretty and bulky I would use it as a carry gun more often...very easy to be accurate with. Maybe that's why so many law enforcement departments used it as a standard issue gun for so long.
Yeah I'm getting the .44 for the same reason I got a Browning Hi Power. Not for shooting a lot or carrying a lot (even though I do shoot the Hi Power a pretty good amount), but it's an American icon, I like the look, and I want a larger caliber handgun.

I haven't really been paying attention to model 29s lately, but hopefully the swapping for black gun phase will still be occurring about a year from now and I'll be able to find a good deal. I may even end up buying a new one...that's how nuts I am about those. At the moment I am in the process of funding a couple relatively expensive toys and starting a field spread...therefore my next gun purchase is getting put on the back burner.
UmatillaJeff wrote:This load would drop ducks and geese like thors hammer in my hands, I would bet the equity in my house on it.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:22 am

micneador wrote:The Remington guide gun in .350 rem. magnum.

Do you still have that gun?

Sent from the middle of nowhere.
R. Chapman
hunter

Postby micneador » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:53 pm

R. Chapman wrote:

Sure do, it's my main pig gun.
micneador
hunter

Postby blackrock » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:53 pm

image.jpg
My favorite "guide gun", Marlin 45/70 with loop lever, rail and ghost ring sights. Bad medicine!
blackrock
hunter

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:54 pm

micneador wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

Sure do, it's my main pig gun.

Probably not a chance you'd want to sell it either.
R. Chapman
hunter

Postby micneador » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:03 am

Nope, I love her to much. She has put holes in to many animals, and one truck. :fingerhead:
micneador
hunter

Postby KRB » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:23 am

blackrock wrote:
image.jpg
My favorite "guide gun", Marlin 45/70 with loop lever, rail and ghost ring sights. Bad medicine!

Have the Original guide gun with the ported barrel, love it, call mine Big Medicine.
KRB
hunter

Previous

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum