CCW permits

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

CCW permits

Postby fowl_wishes » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:58 pm

I am workign under the assumption that none of you guys have a problem with CCW since you are obviously gun owners.

Was wondering if any of you had the CCW permit and used it? I am interested in taking a local class and applying for the permit, but not sure what all is involved other than the $90 it takes for the class.

The main reason i am asking is cuz i have the oppurtunity to buy a Colt Mustang .380 for a VERY reasonable price. This will be the first gun i could comfortably carry CCW, my SP10 is a lil heavy and thick for comfort.
Shoot'em close. Less to pick.

They might get my guns, but they'll get the bullets first !
fowl_wishes
Forum & State Moderator

Postby badandy970 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:37 pm

I carry mine everyday everywhere legal that I go. No since in having it and never carrying it. Kansas and Virginia CCW's
Semper Paratus
Final Approach Pro-Staff
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff
Duck Junkies Pro-Staff
Sitka AK. Ducks Unlimited
TEAM TRIPPLE H
TEAM BUSH QUACKED
badandy970@hotmail.com
badandy970
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Mr. 16 gauge » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:40 pm

Carry when I can....most places I go are 'gun free' zones here in MI (work, school, ect).
Never had to use it.....hope I never have to; practice like I will tommorrow.
"If your dog thinks you're the greatest, don't go seeking a second opinion!"
Mr. 16 gauge
hunter

Postby blindretrieve » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:05 pm

carry everyday.. with ccw
My lab is smarter than your honor student
blindretrieve
hunter

Postby fowl_wishes » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:14 pm

blindretrieve wrote:carry everyday.. with ccw

blind, did you have to take one of the CCW courses in pitt county? i knwo that here in washington county we have soem screwed up sheriff's year after year that mandate some stupid gun regulations on CCW and gun permits. was wondering what it was like in Pitt.
Shoot'em close. Less to pick.

They might get my guns, but they'll get the bullets first !
fowl_wishes
Forum & State Moderator

Postby spankustang » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:14 am

I took my class a few months ago and carry almost all the time!!
spankustang
hunter

Postby WillHuntForFood » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:52 pm

Got mine and care mine all the time. Hope I never have to use it but ready to use it if I have too.
If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck it must be dinner.
WillHuntForFood
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:09 pm

Got mine in 1990 when in Maine then tried to transfer it to MI and was told I did not have need to carry. A couple years later MI became a "shall Issue state" and I got it back. I carry an HK 45acp at all times when not at work. I keep a locking case in my truck to pick up the kids at school or make a stop in the "pistol free / criminal safety zones". Now MI has a bill in the works that will eliminate the "pistol free" zones and we already passed the Castle Doctrine which says that I do not have to try and retreat or hide but can stand my ground if I choose to do so.

MCRGO has sued and won in cases where local city governments tried to create more "pistol Free, criminal friendly" zones that were not part of the original law.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Mr. 16 gauge » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:48 pm

Now MI has a bill in the works that will eliminate the "pistol free" zones and we already passed the Castle Doctrine which says that I do not have to try and retreat or hide but can stand my ground if I choose to do so.

Waterfowlhunter;
Do you have more information on this? I would be interested....I am assuming that if certain establishments decided that they wanted to be 'gun free' zones, they could choose to do so?
"If your dog thinks you're the greatest, don't go seeking a second opinion!"
Mr. 16 gauge
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:29 pm

Check out MCRGO web site for all the info on MI CCW laws and information on how we can help keep our rights. They also have a list there of Privately owned businesses that do not allow guns in their stores and request that gun owners avoid doing business with these places. Private business owners can post as a pistol free zone legally but Government buildings that are not on the Pistol free list can not and those that have tried have been sued.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Shredder » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:50 am

^^^good to know....carry daily
BOOM, BOOM, BOOM.....%&^$&$ I DON'T HAVE ANY MORE SHELLS!!!
Primary: Super Black Eagle II
Back-up: Mossberg 835
Estate Shells
Shredder
hunter

Postby birddog crazy » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:32 am

got my permit, soon as i could when my state allowed, we now are going on about 3 years on being allowed to get a ccw. I am lucky in that my work place not only allows but encourages people to carry, i work for a animal hospital, plus in missouri, you can carry gun into a so called gun free business, and if they do not like it, the worst that can happen at this point is you have to remove it or leave. I carry all the time, my preferred choice is a 45acp caliber auto,either a 1911 or a springfield armory xd
birddogs rule and all the rest drool, for birddogs love you for you and do not ask for anything in return but love so hug your birddog
birddog crazy
Forum & State Moderator

Postby double » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:35 pm

fowl in NC you have to pay to take the class then you have to pay to have a background check done by the sheriff in your county of residence this can be outrageous. In some counties as little as $45 and then over $100 in others. the great thingabout the cc is that you no longer have to go get a gun permit you can buy on the spot.
double
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:06 am

bgoldhunter
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum