.19-223

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

.19-223

Postby duckplucker » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:49 pm

Ok, so I may be about 3 years behind on life here, but I just read some stuff about a .19-223 Calhoon. Has anyone here heard anything about these or happen to have one or shot one? I did some google searching and saw some stuff from back in '04, so Im pretty sure Im way behind on these. They've got me intrigued and hoping one of you know a little more than i do. Are these things even still around, or did they never catch on?
The life cycle of a hunter... hunt, eat, sleep if there is time, then go hunt again.

Chuck Norris doesn't go hunting, becasue hunting infers the possibility of failure. Rather, Chuck Norris goes killing.
duckplucker
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:24 am

a wildcat that will never catch on.

and for good reason.
to many good sub cals. out there that preform better i do not think the .17 fireball will last. neither have an edge on 204 ruger or even the 17 rem. for that mater it is a hard life in the area of sub cals
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Cobra » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:27 pm

Probably right. Then again the 22-250 took over 30yrs as a wildcat before it became a standard in '65. Who knows what they'll come up with once the 204 runs its cycle in 10 - 15yrs.
First it rained, then it blew, then it frizz, then it snew --- from an oldtimers gunning boat ~~ He understood what it's about!
Cobra
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:15 am

the 220 was able to hold back the 250 and this is most likey why it took much longer for it to come out of the wildcat staus.

i would say that the 204 is around to stay there is just no sub cals that can run with it and it has shown that it can run with the likes of the 250 or 220 while leaving the 223 and others behind

while more and more bullets companies begin to make 20 cal bullets i am sure they have ran the numbers and think it will stay around as well.
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Cobra » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:16 pm

Swift held it back mainly in that very few hunted varmints until the '60s, even in to the 80s. Friends considered me "nuts" when I started 40+ yrs ago, lately they've wanted to be shown how. The unbelievable take off of varminting over the past 10 - 20yrs has led to many improvements in all types equipment and it should continue for awhile. So many calibers, so little time :rofl: :thumbsup:
First it rained, then it blew, then it frizz, then it snew --- from an oldtimers gunning boat ~~ He understood what it's about!
Cobra
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum