Glock Owners

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Glock Owners

Postby waterdogds » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:11 pm

How many of you have one? I bought a 21 a few months back and I absolutely love this gun. I believe in Glock so much, I'm looking at buying a 23 40 cal. for my girls ccw.

My 45. I plan on adding a tac light and maybe getting a little trigger work done.
Attachments
IMAG0616-1.jpg
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Re: Glock Owners

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:34 am

Only Glocker Cocker that I own is the 36. It was their thinnest 45 model but I think the 30S is thinner?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Obummer's real name- Black Hussein Osama
R. Chapman
hunter

Postby talltimber » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:33 am

17 here. I like it pretty good. It's not a classy pistol but it goes bang. The not having a traditional safety on it made me nervous at first. I still don't leave one in the chamber when it's crammed between the truck cushions, no holster.. Hip holster, or any holster, I don't worry too much about it any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
talltimber
hunter

Postby blackrock » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:06 am

Not really a fan. I sold the only one I had. I do respect the design, it's a tool that works very well, hence carried by many law enforcement agencies. I just can't get past the blocky feel and trigger. We have an XDM which I think feels and shoots better as far as a striker design. I'm in to 1911s and wheel guns......
blackrock
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:39 am

talltimber wrote:17 here. I like it pretty good. It's not a classy pistol but it goes bang. The not having a traditional safety on it made me nervous at first. I still don't leave one in the chamber when it's crammed between the truck cushions, no holster.. Hip holster, or any holster, I don't worry too much about it any more.

Same here. I'm pretty confident I can rack one in the chamber when needed.
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:01 am

blackrock wrote:Not really a fan. I sold the only one I had. I do respect the design, it's a tool that works very well, hence carried by many law enforcement agencies. I just can't get past the blocky feel and trigger. We have an XDM which I think feels and shoots better as far as a striker design. I'm in to 1911s and wheel guns......

I've got big hands, so the Glock feels good to me. 1911s are good guns, a little over rated and over priced though.
waterdogds
hunter

Postby Jofa » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:14 am

talltimber wrote: I still don't leave one in the chamber when it's crammed between the truck cushions, no holster.. Hip holster, or any holster, I don't worry too much about it anymore

carrying a loaded Glock w out a holster is incredibly dangerous, check Google about clothing, straps, or waist cords getting into the trigger guard and causing gun to discharge - its not uncommon.

the 30s has a thin slide but the lower is regular Glock width. great gun all around, holds 10 rounds 45 in a tiny package.

the 30s w a great holster is probably best CC gun for a guy in my opinion.

am lastly, for a female shooter, I would recommend 9mm for concealed carry, less recoil and plenty of ammo for them to shoot at an attacker (they'll probably be in panic mode missing half the rounds anyway)

good luck all....
Jofa
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:32 am

Jofa wrote:
am lastly, for a female shooter, I would recommend 9mm for concealed carry, less recoil and plenty of ammo for them to shoot at an attacker (they'll probably be in panic mode missing half the rounds anyway)

good luck all....

That's one of the cool features of the 23. I can buy the 9mm barrel and drop it in and change out the mag. I plan on having her very comfortable and confident with this gun before I turn her loose with it.
waterdogds
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:37 pm

I own the 17 and 23. Great pistols. I do carry one in the pipe. I never worry. There are 3 major safety's on the gun, which is 3 more than a revolver. There are arguably more Glocks being cartied tgan any other pistol other than the 1911. If you worry about the trigger, consider putting in one of the NY trigger options. Always be cognoscent of your trigger.

If you don't like them, you don't like them. It is what it is, and there are many other high quality pistols that are available.
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby birddog crazy » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:41 am

I have Glocks in model 21's, 30's, and the new 41 tactical model which all the models are 45acp, plus have 3 Glock 20's in 10mm also. great guns, only thing I did was upgrade the firing pin springs to a heavier weight plus swap out trigger springs to the GHOST INC trigger springs for a lighter pull.
birddogs rule and all the rest drool, for birddogs love you for you and do not ask for anything in return but love so hug your birddog
birddog crazy
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Woodie whacker » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:46 pm

I have a 19,26,23,and a 30sf I've always been a fan of them and have owned almost every model at some point or another
Woodie whacker
hunter

Postby PNWGator » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:49 pm

Glad I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a Glock. It's a tool. Goes bang everytime you pull the trigger. Yes, it's ugly. Nothing 'special' about them other than they WORK! Wish I'd tried them 20 yrs ago as my quest for the ideal handgun would have ended then.
PNWGator
hunter

Postby talltimber » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:17 am

Jofa wrote:
talltimber wrote: I still don't leave one in the chamber when it's crammed between the truck cushions, no holster.. Hip holster, or any holster, I don't worry too much about it anymore

carrying a loaded Glock w out a holster is incredibly dangerous, check Google about clothing, straps, or waist cords getting into the trigger guard and causing gun to discharge - its not uncommon.

the 30s has a thin slide but the lower is regular Glock width. great gun all around, holds 10 rounds 45 in a tiny package.

the 30s w a great holster is probably best CC gun for a guy in my opinion.

good luck all....

There was a buddy if a co worker that done that very thing not long ago. He was holstering and the strap went into the guard. Said he shot a hole in his britches but didn't get injured.

I don't have a problem with them being loaded and in a holster. Loose, jamming it down between seat cushions unholstered or just bouncing or sliding around, I do. The thing about revolvers, although no safety, you can rest the hammer on an empty hole and be in business with just a pull of the trigger vs. having to racket the slide.

I have pulled mine out of the cushion, racked the slide, and laid it on the console a couple of times when I saw I could be getting into a less than ideal area or situation. Doesn't take long.

talltimber
hunter

Postby mmayes » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:41 pm

waterdogds wrote:
Jofa wrote:

good luck all....

That's one of the cool features of the 23. I can buy the 9mm barrel and drop it in and change out the mag. I plan on having her very comfortable and confident with this gun before I turn her loose with it.

You also can get a drop in .357 sig barrel and use the same mags as you do for the .40cal.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby BurninPowder » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:56 pm

G19 almost 20 years strong without issue. Carry and trust my life to a G17 every day I'm on duty. With safe and proper handgun practices, coupled with today's quality holsters that are model specific... I have absolutely no problem carrying a Glock " locked and loaded" as I don't intend for that gun to exit the holster unless I intend to use it. Lastly but most important, practice practice practice.
BurninPowder
hunter

Postby Cajun1085 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:37 pm

I love my Glocks! I have owned 19, 23, 27, 30SF, 17. I think my next Glock will be the 41 and a 26 for the wife.
GATORTAIL 1646 25GTR

SouthEast Gator-tail
Cajun1085
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum