fixing to turn 21...advice on good .45 calibers

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Postby duckhntr83 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:05 pm

I have a Kimber Cutsom TLE II that I got a deal on and it is absolutley the most accurate handgun I have ever shot I have also shot a .45 Springfield XD and it was also a great shooting gun.
U.S. Navy-Aviation Ordnanceman
Delta Waterfowl
Ducks Unlimited
NRA
duckhntr83
hunter

Postby mydogearl » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:57 pm

is $650 a good a price for NIB Kimber Ultra Carry II? i can also get a pro bp ten II for $550. im so confused on what to get that its killin me. lol
mydogearl
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:43 pm

I was just about to pick up another HK USP 45 and then seen the new Handguns magazine, FN now has a 15 round (14 mag 1 chamber if i read it right) 45 acp. They say that the grip size is very manageable. I will have to get my paw prints on one to see how it feels. I also like the new ruger 9mm they just announced. Looks nice, accurate(in their test) and cheap to shoot :yes:

too many guns and too little time. I do not have enough time to shoot what I have and WANT MORE :help:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Shredder » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:36 pm

whatever you do, pay attention to the gun you get...dont get the 45 GAP go with the ACP
BOOM, BOOM, BOOM.....%&^$&$ I DON'T HAVE ANY MORE SHELLS!!!
Primary: Super Black Eagle II
Back-up: Mossberg 835
Estate Shells
Shredder
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:40 am

S&W 329 not a good carry gun? noone else has mentioned a wheel gun... just thot id throw that in there.

the slidey guns are fun to shoot at paper, but a 44mag will slow down most any mean critter, 2 legged or 4, alot faster...
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby birddog crazy » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:41 am

I prefer 45 caliber my self, i own several, my carry guns are all 45acp. I prefer a 1911 or a springfield armory xd in 45acp. the one thing i really like about the xd over the glock is that the grip on a xd is not as thick as a glock, and they both have 13 round in the mag, the xd feels better to shoot, i am not a small guy but even to me a glock 45 grip feels a little chunky.plus i like the fact that even tho that a xd shares a trigger a little bit like a glock, the xd has the grip safety on it.
birddogs rule and all the rest drool, for birddogs love you for you and do not ask for anything in return but love so hug your birddog
birddog crazy
Forum & State Moderator

Previous

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum