riemington bought marlin?

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

riemington bought marlin?

Postby vital_kill » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:46 pm

I heard remington bought or merged with marlin, is this true?
vital_kill
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:54 pm

very interresting....................
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby Cobra » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:14 pm

Yes it's true. Hope they keep the quality.
First it rained, then it blew, then it frizz, then it snew --- from an oldtimers gunning boat ~~ He understood what it's about!
Cobra
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:24 am

yep. ^^^

as well as others that were owned by marlin like NEF there are a few but can not think of them right of the top of my head
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby msmall » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:32 pm

Hopefully Marlins quality wont suffer due to its new owners......
msmall
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:09 pm

Wounder if the "Micro" multi land/rifling will survive ??

Worked great in a lot of 22's.
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:42 pm

Here is some names I have not heard for a while............

Stevens,Dan Wesson,Sako,Ithaca, and interarms.
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby Harley Dave » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:31 am

Remington = Marlin ( L.C. Smith), Bushmaster & DPMS. All part of Cereubus Group now. Baikal (Russia) imported by Remington and marketed under Spartan name. Originally imported by EAA.

Stevens is part of Savage.

Funny story about Sako as told my a friend.

He is at a Bass Pro Shop and at the firearms counter. Asks the clerk behind the counter if they have Sakos. The clerk replies with "We don't sell watches here. Go to the jewerly store in the mall".
Your life, liberty, and property are never safe when the Legislature is in session. M.Twain
Harley Dave
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:45 am

It may be too early to tell, but it would seem to me that Remington has already improved under new ownership. I would hope that continues for Remington and Marlin as well.

Stevens is certainly popular in the Savage circles. They even have an O/U out, although I have never held one. CZ bought Dan Wesson, and it is still popular with the 1911 crowd. Not a bad gun, they use Ed Brown parts mostly.

It is too bad that the big box hunting stores cannot pay enough to have educated people behind the counter. I have learned to simply ignore them...
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby Harley Dave » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:53 am

Thanks for the complement about the big box hunting stores as I work at one and I feel that our group of guys is very well educated. I used to work in a small "indy" outdoors store and the same problem existed there. even to the extent of the owner and the manager at times.
Of course sometimes, someone may be more educated in one aspect over another. I, for example, have more knowledge on shotguns and handguns than other firearms. I do alright on rifles, but I don't really know squat about reloading. We have one guy who is real into reloading and try to steer customers his way.
I know all of our guys are willing to come out and tell someone if we don't really have or know the answer, but we are willing to look it up or try to find out for them. I for one have been spending some more time studying scopes so I can do more to help customers select the right one for their needs and dollars.
I do agree that often sales staff is not always as educated as they should be, but I've found that in any retail establishment I've been a customer in. Sometimes that is the fault of the business as proper instruction and training may not be a priority. I do have a problem when a sales person tries to BS me about a product especially if I happen to know something about it.
Your life, liberty, and property are never safe when the Legislature is in session. M.Twain
Harley Dave
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:45 am

I do apologize if I have offended you.

While I am sure that what you are telling me it true, I personally had not experienced this with the stores I frequent. It was my fault by lumping all employees in these stores in one category, and I did not mean to offend.

I do see you are in Illinois. If you don't mind please tell me (on the forum or through PM) which store you work for. I would be glad to shop there when I'm over there, it sounds like the kind of store I would like.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby Harley Dave » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:34 am

bgoldhunter,

No problem, how were you to know? I was actually laughing at it your original reply a bit.
I got a chance to take an early retirement thing a couple of years ago. So I'm on a pretty good pension and its just a part time job for me.
You are right that that the pay is not what I think it could be and that is why a lot of good retail places end up hiring unskilled/unknowledgable help. It is also the main reason why retail sees such a change over of employees.
I just mentioned the Sako story, because I thought it was funny not to attack that store. It is not the company I work for by the way.
I feel that every outdoor store has something to offer. I shop all the big guys as well as the "indy" ones. For some reason that my GF thinks is strange I am unable to leave any outdoors store without having bought something.
I'll be sending you a pm about which store it is, by the way.
Harley Dave
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum