AK-47 parts kit

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

AK-47 parts kit

Postby Cashman » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:08 pm

Has anybody ever put together an AK-47 from a parts kit and 80% completed receiver? I'm thinking about trying it but I have no idea of how hard it is. Any information would be helpful.
Some things are like wiping before pooping, they just don't make any sense.
Cashman
hunter

Postby pike_mazter » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:23 pm

It depends on if you can get a fully functioning receiver. If you can its no biggie. A lot of guys now will manufacture their own receivers which is not terribly hard but you will need some special bending stamping tools.

If you are looking to save some money, go with a Saiga in 7.62X39. Ak style rifle that comes out of the Izzy factory in Russia which is the same factory the original Kalishkinovs came from.
pike_mazter
hunter

Postby don taylor » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:37 pm

The AK47 is one of the simplist designs to build. The biggest benefit of doing it that way is you can then strip the gun back down to a skeleton for maintainence and its no issue. Those guns don't have to be smooth to operate so you get some rough cut stuff. I took the time to polish mine up internally. There is a signifigant diffrence in operation of one countries AK and others. Some, like romanian parts, are of lower quality and don't fit right up. Sometimes trimming or cutting is necessary to get parts to fit. The AK 47 has a bunch of forums dedicated to it. Search around. I sold my AK and Draganov. I wish I still had that Draganov. I worked at a store and we sold 25 a week. Also don't get a folding stock unless your left handed. They fold up to block the trigger when the pistol grip is in your right hand. The collapsable stock is ok but I tend to have it riding kind of high on my shoulder for sight alignment. I enjoyed mine and you always get your money back when you sell. Good luck
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Another hunting

Postby BigPepe » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi guys, look at this, that´s another hunting  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te91g9Yr5g8 
:thumbsup:
BigPepe
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum