DU mossberg .300 Win. Mag.

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

DU mossberg .300 Win. Mag.

Postby wingshooter2009 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:41 pm

i won this rifle at a Du event and was just wondering about it. its the laminated synthetic stock with all stainles steal components including scope.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; Genisus 27:3

"Duck Hunting Is like a Box of Chocolates... You Never Know What You're Gonna Get!"
wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby wingshooter2009 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:07 am

bump...
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; Genisus 27:3

"Duck Hunting Is like a Box of Chocolates... You Never Know What You're Gonna Get!"
wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby blackduck_killer » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:32 am

What are you wonderring? it seems you've got a new toy, buy some ammo, go to a range and have fun. If you lived in New Brunswick Canada i'd probably try and convince you that you don't want it and should sell it to me for cheap.
Its not an expensive gun to begin with but its probably like a mosseberg shotgun, some folks will trash it and tease you for using it but it'll probably get the job done all day everyday. What more can you ask of a hunting rifle?
blackduck_killer
hunter

Postby wingshooter2009 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:35 pm

i was just wondering if anyone has had any personal experience with one like it.

wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby blackduck_killer » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:12 am

Oh well I don't have any personal experience but from what I read and how the one I handled felt it seems to be a great weapon, especialy if your in the market for a new bolt action. If I wanted a dedicated moose gun I'd be looking at either it or a savage but in .338 win mag.
blackduck_killer
hunter

Postby don taylor » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:57 pm

Is that the new model gun they came out with. The model name is escaping me. They have only given them mediocre reviews for its accuracy but just like everything else they do it will shoot forever. They tout a newly configured stock layout and some other small innovations as big deals. They have a low price point compared to other similarly chambered guns. If you want it to shoot, shoot it up. Don't save it for collectors value. There will be none. I'd sell it now before its been shot. You can still claim NIB if its never been fired. Was it called the ATR ?
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby wingshooter2009 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:12 am

it has the new stock but ive been through about 18 shots with it. the only trouble ive had was sighting it in.

wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby Harley Dave » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:37 am

I'm on my local committe, as well as I work part-time in firearms for one of the three big-box outdoors store.

The only two guns at our last event I was even interested in were the Beretta 686 Onyx and that Mossberg .300 .

Didn't win either one!!
Your life, liberty, and property are never safe when the Legislature is in session. M.Twain
Harley Dave
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum