EAA witness 9mm

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

EAA witness 9mm

Postby aftershox454 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:26 pm

Anyone know anything about the EAA winess 9mm's

I think EAA makes a good shotgun in the mp 153
wanted to knwo about any one's experience with their handguns.

any information/opinions would be appreciated.
aftershox454
hunter

Postby jrockncash » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:22 pm

I have the witness in .45acp and I really like it. Its a big heavy full framed gun. I got the all metal wonder finished gun, but a friend of mine has the .40 that is polymer tactical. He really likes it and I have shot it. I have nothing but good things to say about it. One negative mine is heavy as hell. I would get the polymer one.
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
jrockncash
hunter

Postby aftershox454 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:23 am

Good to know.

i was set on getting a springfield XD, but I think I'll have to debate between the two now.

do you happen to know if the witness comes with any stuff like the xd does?
extra mag, holster, case, stuff like that
aftershox454
hunter

Postby Mr. 16 gauge » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:52 am

Don't know if it comes with extras, but I have a CZ75, which is quite similar to the Witness......It handles similarly and I find the pistol quite ergonomically pleasing. As a matter of fact, I am considering getting a witness in .38 Super.
"If your dog thinks you're the greatest, don't go seeking a second opinion!"
Mr. 16 gauge
hunter

Postby HotDog » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:48 am

I had the Witness in .40 and loved it.
I only sold it because it was too large for an everyday carry gun,(for me).
WTN10 wrote:
"Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?"
HotDog
hunter

Postby don taylor » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:09 pm

XD's are like glocks. They are easy for a novice to be decent with right from the start. I think that ease of use also limits your ability to get really good with it. Its just not a tack driving gun. That's not what it was designed to do. Its a defensive handgun. For the money your looking to spend see if you can find a Sig pro 2340. They come with two barrels, one 40 one 357 sig, and you will get awesome defense/target pistol. Sig makes the best trigger in a production pistol. Hands down. Shop around for a Sigarms product. Maybe a HK too. They are smooth as glass. I have 15 handguns but I carry a kimber .45 pro carry. That's another awesome gun. If your going to carry you should arm yourself with the best you can afford.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jrockncash » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:45 am

I dont think that it does come with as much extra stuff as the xd though not many do. I was with a buddy when he opened his up after buying it and it was like freakin christmas.

Extra Mag was all I got. Side by side with a real cheap llama .45 the EAA was amazing. My friend that had the llama had never shot a nicer 45 and after trying to hit a beer can with two mags out of his gun he got it in 3 shots with mine. Thats when I realized I had got a good deal. Don's right though if you can afford a really nice gun go for it. Its like getting a new car thats decent and after driving it awhile you really start to like it more, but you always wish you had bought a BMW or something.
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
jrockncash
hunter

Postby aftershox454 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:53 pm

how much to sigs usually run?
about the same as the xd, or more?
aftershox454
hunter

Postby mydogearl » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:41 pm

my dad has the 45 witness and loves it. he has a ton of really nice pistols and his witness is his favorite. he has really big hands and it fits him better than anything.

on the other hand, i have the xd sub compact in 40. i love it and i find it to be pretty darn accurate. i have actually had a slight failure to feed problem with it but it is only with one type of ammo. this gun feels great to me and not that good to my dad and vice versa with the witness. so it can boil down to how they fit your hand.

we also have a sig in 9mm and i would say it is the most accurate of all of our pistols
mydogearl
hunter

Postby don taylor » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:55 pm

sig handguns range from $350 used on up. Any pistol they make is top notch. A trashed sig will outshoot most production pistols. The 226, the 229, they are all are tremendous guns. The 2340 is a polymer pistol and has both calibers I wanted. If I could add anything to my safe right now, I'd like to get a squeeze cocker HK. (P7? P9?)Those are cool little CCW guns. I just don't have a extra G right now.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum