tikka

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

tikka

Postby wright_hunter » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:46 am

what is this tikka t2 i seen it on a site. im guessing is a good rifle the way ppl talk
dont scratch a tiger with a short stick.
Jordan Wright
wright_hunter
Banned - screwed member in classifieds

Postby bgoldhunter » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:58 pm

Not sure about a T2? The T3 is all I've seen, but I don't keep up with Tikkas. I personally don't care for them much, and have passed on several good deals on them. Not much you can do with them, as anything aftermarket is limited. I know guys that were sorely disappointed in the Varmint and Tactical models.

The action and trigger doesn't feel very good to me, and the stocks weren't much better. I'm also not a fan of hammer forged barrels vs say, a Savage which is button rifled.

I would rather get a Savage, Remington or Winchester.

Here are some sites for you to look at 'em:

http://www.berettausa.com/product/rifles/series_page.cfm?currentseries=11

http://www.tikka.fi/
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby wright_hunter » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:45 am

thanks for the info i got a buddie looking at em and he asked me to post up and see what yall thought i ment the t3 it was a typo but thanks for the info
dont scratch a tiger with a short stick.
Jordan Wright
wright_hunter
Banned - screwed member in classifieds

Postby jrockncash » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:18 pm

I have heard the T3 was a good gun. Doesnt it have a Sako action? I may be wrong and if I am BGhunter will catch it. But on the other hand I dont think they are real popular because I dont see them very often. Maybe ask the guys what gun/caliber and amount you want to spend?
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
jrockncash
hunter

Postby blackduck_killer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:15 am

Alright Tikka t3's are great rifles and generaly are tack drivers. I'm sure as with anything in this mass production age there are a few lemons around.
blackduck_killer
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:17 am

I am pretty sure the actions are different, but not sure what all the differences are. Or I may be way off base...like I said, I don't follow Tikkas much. I know Tikkas are available only in a long action (short action calibers has a bolt stop). I believe that there are differences in feed style (Sakos are CRF aren't they?). I also know from my friend's experience that the lug is not fixed-IMO not good.

They are owned by Beretta, and which is not known for putting out a bad product. I'm sure that there are plenty of people very satisfied with them, just not from my experience.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby jrockncash » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:05 am

Tikka is like stoeger to benelli. Maybe fairer to say Tikka is like Franchi to Benelli. They are made in the Sako factory in Finland.
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
jrockncash
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:41 pm

I have often considered the tikka myself, I prefer Browning and Bushmaster but the tikka action just feels so slick and refined. I can not speak for the accuracy but I would like to try one someday.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby REDGUN » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:56 am

I know of 3 people who have the heavy barrel 223's. They are not much to look at and the long action just doesnt seem correct. But with handloads, all 3 have shot under 1/2". 2 of them are averaging closer to 1/4". Two of these people also have the sporter weight synthetic 300WSM. Both of these shoot under 1" with factory ammo.
Could just be a fluke, but every tikka i have had an hands experience with has been a shooter.
REDGUN
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum