From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

h&k

Postby jerry 101 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:53 pm

some advise please whats the difference between h&k or h&k usp in a 45
jerry 101
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:39 pm

Not sure what you're asking about in terms of a general HK vs. a USP. My brother has a USP and it is probably the smoothest shooting gun I have shot. This will be my next handgun purchase handsdown!
devildog28
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:30 am

HK , H&K and keckler and koch are the one and same. The USP is the designation given to their "universal self loading Pistol" there are 9mm, 40, 45 and 357 sig versions in both full size and compact models. In the full size you can get a standard, tactical, expert and elite series. they also make a "military" version called a MK23 which is simular to the USP but the decocker has been removed from the safety and moved forward on a seperate lever. there ia also a tactical compact version. which adds an extended threaded barrel.

The new generaton of HK pistols is the P2000 series.

IMO they are the BEST handgun made and VERY accurate, One test i seen was to lodge a bullet in the barrel and fire another live round. The HK was the only one tested that would do this with no damage to the gun. I shoot 45 SUPERS (very hot loads) in mind with no issues and was told by a factory rep that "they can not recommend it but off the record, It will not cause any harm".
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jlschweizer » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:49 pm

i think your asking what is the difference between the h&k 45 and the h&k usp 45. I have the h&k 45 , it is the best handgun i own and have shot. i think the h&k 45 is just another model 45 H&K put out
jlschweizer
hunter

Postby don taylor » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:22 pm

HK's are nice, but the best? Unless you guys have shot a Kimber or Sig you may change your mind. Both of these companies offer a far better trigger right out of the box for the same price. Sig is especially know for their triggers. They are compared to a glass rod breaking. HK is known for their tight tolerances and smooth operation, but not their triggers as much.

I do own one though.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

H&K

Postby HUNTER3 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:39 am

Good guns you wont go wrong , I have seen these guns pass the tooth-paste test they run the paste through the entire gun even the mag & fire 200+ rounds not one failure. The only other gun to pass was the Sig.

Thanks
HUNTER3
HUNTER3
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:50 pm

I agree with the Sig having a better trigger. I have one and my brother has the USP. My trigger is better, but I think his gun has a little better action on it.
devildog28
hunter

Postby justindudley85 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:20 pm

you've got to be kidding!!! the trigger pull on a sig is terrible, its wha they're known for. The major diiference in the hk 45 and usp is the grip(hk45 has interchable ones) and the tactical rail. the usp only allows you to use hk product or you must by an adapter where as the new model is compatible with most of the common products such as streamlight and so on...
-Dudley-

12 rounds in 1.44 seconds. Now i just gotta figure out how to load it faster!

www.lazyassinternetscouter.com
CutEmMS
justindudley85
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:10 am

justindudley85 wrote:you've got to be kidding!!! the trigger pull on a sig is terrible, its wha they're known for. The major diiference in the hk 45 and usp is the grip(hk45 has interchable ones) and the tactical rail. the usp only allows you to use hk product or you must by an adapter where as the new model is compatible with most of the common products such as streamlight and so on...

Wow... Trigger pull on a Sig is terrible? Just wow...
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby justindudley85 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:55 am

i'll be honest with you i dont have a ton of pistol experience but i have definitly shot a sig 45 and was very disapointed by the way the gun felt in my hand and i thought there was way to much "dead space" in the trigger, to long of a pull in my opinion. But to each his own. i know that Sig makes a very strong reliable product but so does Mercedes-Benz and to be honest with you ill take my Dodge anyday...
-Dudley-

CutEmMS
justindudley85
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:26 am

justindudley85 wrote:i'll be honest with you i dont have a ton of pistol experience but i have definitly shot a sig 45 and was very disapointed by the way the gun felt in my hand and i thought there was way to much "dead space" in the trigger, to long of a pull in my opinion. But to each his own. i know that Sig makes a very strong reliable product but so does Mercedes-Benz and to be honest with you ill take my Dodge anyday...

Dodge? Bad trigger pull in Sigs? Oh boy... :rofl: If it feels bad to you then it does. I know people that say Sigs feel bad to them. It's all about what fits best to you, and there isn't much of a price difference between Sigs and HK's. I just like not having a manual safety.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby justindudley85 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:54 am

come on man you cant be doggin the goat the guns are ok but take it easy on the old truck :biggrin: !!haha
-Dudley-

CutEmMS
justindudley85
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:26 pm

justindudley85 wrote:come on man you cant be doggin the goat the guns are ok but take it easy on the old truck :biggrin: !!haha
:rofl: I get bad stuff said about my 88 Ford all the time. I like it (other than gas mileage) and it gets the boat and me where we need to be. Dodge, Chevy, and Ford owners always have to pick on each other. :yes:

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby don taylor » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:38 pm

justindudley85 wrote:i'll be honest with you i dont have a ton of pistol experience but i have definitly shot a sig 45 and was very disapointed by the way the gun felt in my hand and i thought there was way to much "dead space" in the trigger, to long of a pull in my opinion. But to each his own. i know that Sig makes a very strong reliable product but so does Mercedes-Benz and to be honest with you ill take my Dodge anyday...

That take up in the trigger is an added safety when your gun doesn't have a safety on it. I hate the stiff take up in a gun like a Glock and if you shoot a Sig like a glock you won't like it. Take up the slack and feel a Sigs trigger break. It pops over and once you feel the tightness of the trigger, it goes off. There is no extra movement of the trigger where it counts. I have a Sig Pro 2340 with the 40 and 357 Sig barrels and dollar for dollar its hard to beat.

I graduated to a Kimber Pro Carry .45 Once I shot one the Sig went on the shelf.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum