Who's buying more guns because of Obama?

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Who's buying more guns because of Obama?

Postby fenton_3 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:49 pm

I have bought 4 handguns in the last 2 months, and I am trying to buy as many high-cap mags as possible! In addition I went to two local Wal-Marts and they were 100% sold out of 9mm and .40 cal ammo. What do you guys and gals think about what is going on?
fenton_3
hunter

Postby shoot-n-goose » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:08 pm

I'm not buying any more guns then i normally plan on doing, but i sure have got a lot more ammo then usual
CLUTCHfan wrote: Never bring a penis to a knife fight.
shoot-n-goose
hunter

Postby bluelund79 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:30 pm

Purchased more ammo than usual, especially 223/5.56 and handgun ammo. Not going to go buy up any special guns because of it, not until anything is starting to get set in stone....Did change my NRA status though....Doing the payment plan for a lifetime membership.
bluelund79
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:26 pm

Everybodies buying more guns. The gun dept at Gander is nuts. It's getting me some nice bonuses so I'm not really complaining. If anybody on here wants an AR-15 good luck. Most distributors are out and they have nearly doubled in price. I'm buying guns, but that's not because of the election. It's because I get a good discount. I figure he won't do anything till second term, he's got too many people to peeve of first term and he has bigger things to work on now, and he has to think about re-election.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Harley Dave » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:14 am

Just because Obama will have to focus on things like the ecomomy, conflict in Iraq and Afganistan, and such does not mean he won't have one of his cabinet (like Biden) start work on legislation further regulating firearms.

If something restricting ownership or use comes up you can bet he will sign it for sure!
Your life, liberty, and property are never safe when the Legislature is in session. M.Twain
Harley Dave
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:40 am

:dito: He may not actively work on the legislation, but if the senate and house signs off on an anti-gun bill, then he'll definitely put his signature on it.

I would stock up on ammo but since everyone else is doing it I can't hardly find a good deal.

If anyone knows a cheap place to order some, .223, 30-06, and 45ACP please PM me a link.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

This is what I want

Postby Joe-Nathan » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:42 am

I am looking at picking one of these up next month in the 40cal.

http://www.the-m-factor.com/download/XDmCatalog.pdf

I shot this gun over the holidays and love it. I might get one in the 9mm version for the wife.
Joe-Nathan
hunter

Re: This is what I want

Postby GroundSwatter » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:54 am

Joe-Nathan wrote:I am looking at picking one of these up next month in the 40cal.

http://www.the-m-factor.com/download/XDmCatalog.pdf

I shot this gun over the holidays and love it. I might get one in the 9mm version for the wife.

I just bought an XD 45. They are great guns for the price, as I have shot several.

I know many people have a tendency to go with the .40 over the .45 due to recoil. I really don't notice that much of a difference in recoil, at least with target loads. I haven't shot my Hyrda-Shocks yet b/c they are expensive and I haven't had time, but its on my list of things to do.

Again, they're great guns.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:36 pm

Picked up several thousand bullets for my 223's and 45's and the powder / primers to go with it. but the only gun I bought "Extra" that I did not already plan on purchasing was an XD 45 tactical. and 8 of the 12 round Magazines. I figure the mags will be targeted again and I did not have a hi-cap 45. I already have about 2000 rounds of 38 spl and have sold my 9mm's and 40's So I only have to load a couple of cals now. I also have several thousand rounds of 22lr for plinking. the problem with 22 ammo is that they get old and unreliable.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jaysweet3 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:59 pm

I bought a mini14 before the election. I saw it comming and beat the rush. Kinda wish I went with an ar15, but oh well.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby fenton_3 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:10 am

I bought 3 AR-15 Lower recievers before the election, and they have already doubled in price. This time around I suspect that Obama will make the assalt weapons ban perminate. Then my investment will really pay off, plus I plan to keep one for myself. I wanted to get a Bushmaster ACR or a FN SCAR, but the price on the newley released SCAR is $7,000!!! Talk about price gouging. Personally I really hate this BS, the liberals know it is easier to punish the law abiding citizens because they follow the rules. I hope all of you that voted for Obama are happy! Now we will witness the largest expansion of the Federal Govenment in US History. What happend to the Regan year when he said Government is not the solution it is the problem? Now we are being told by Obama that government is the only solution! Prepare to loose rights as the goverment "helps Us"!
fenton_3
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:15 am

I did find it strange that he said the government is the only body that can solve our problems. Then he spend I don't know how long trying to convince everyone, including congress, that we can end corrupt spending.

Also for someone that was preaching about shrinking government programs and spending, he sure did sound like he was going to create more government jobs.

I have an AR-15, and went with it over a mini just b/c of the accessories. Mini-14 is a good gun, but the AR just has limitless options for now.

I was thinking about buying some new lowers for it, but as Fenton said its got too darn expensive. Decided to buy a handgun instead.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:40 pm

I just picked up a Bushmaster varminter for $1199 New @ Ganders. I only had 2 ar's and they are fun to shoot. :yes: The gun shop wanted $1499 for the same gun. the Mini's are Great and very reliably guns, I have had a couple and they are the most inaccuate guns I have ever fired next to an SKS. But for home defence I would take a Mini over an AR
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby lockedup » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:29 pm

im guilty. i got a glock....and obama was why
Harvest 'em!!!
lockedup
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum