Predator gun question

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Predator gun question

Postby wingcutter » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:40 pm

Anyone know if the remington R-15 VTR is California legal?
“To keep every cog and wheel is the first precaution of intelligent tinkering.”

-Aldo Leopold
wingcutter
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:55 pm

This is probably one for the CA forum. I'd personally call your state office and ask them. I wouldn't base me having an illegal weapon (however dumb CA's laws are on the subject) on what people think they know. Based on CA's laws I doubt it will be, but I'd call and make sure. :thumbsup:
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Sagebrush » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:06 pm

does it shoot lead bullets ??
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:17 am

Yep, I would call some official in California or talk to your local gun store about it.

Being from Texas, I always take pride in buying things that say, "Not to be sold in California". Oh well you can't always help where you live.

Good Luck!
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby wingcutter » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:03 am

yea, guess you're right, I'll check with the gun shop today. We do have some ridiculous laws here. You know our AR-15's here are break action and top loading?!? It's just a matter of time until they take away the M1 too. Well, I better go stock up while I still have a chance :no:

-Aldo Leopold
wingcutter
hunter

Postby FranknBeans » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:35 am

howdy neighbor! and no they aren't legal in CA. There's only a few listed that are still legal and the only reason of that is because the factory didn't stamp them with AR-15 into the description so they couldnt ban them like the rest. Stupid state, I want to move!
Tree Huggers can kick rocks.
FranknBeans
hunter

Postby Buick_C » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:27 pm

Yes they are legal if you put a bullet button type device on it to make the magazine 'fixed.' I dont think anyone can sell it to you though unless they install the bullet button before the sale. You could also take the pistol grip off if you wanted to keep the fully detachable mag.

Not sure what AR-15's you're talking about but I just bought 3 lowers here locally and I've already got the uppers. Not one is break action and top feeding? All 3 require a 'tool' to release the magazine and they feed straight out of that. Not sure where you came up with the top loading thing.

Do you have a friend that is a law enforcement officer (LEO)? If so you guys can make a 'straw sale,' he buys it because LEO's can buy anything they want in the state and then as long as the 'evil' features are fixed/removed/modified then a PPT would be perfectly legal to you.

goodluck.
"Maybe instead of buying more guns you should enjoy the ones you already have!" -Hank Hill
Buick_C
hunter

Postby wingcutter » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:53 pm

thanks for the info guys. I actually do have a friend in law enforcement and he is the one who has the top loading AR (bought before going through the acadamy). I'll look into getting one through him

-Aldo Leopold
wingcutter
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum