Ruger LCP

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Ruger LCP

Postby Dingbatter » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:24 pm

Gun dealer just called me ( just before closing time today) and said he had just recieved a Ruger LCP in stock. I plan on being there tomorrow AM to check it out and probably get it. Aside from some recall issues on early models have any of you got or shot one of these guns? What impression did you have of this gun? Thanks
Dingbatter
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:17 pm

Nope never shot one. All it is is a Kel tec 380. Kel tec didn't patent their firearm and Ruger basically copied it to a "T". I haven't heard of any problems from people before or after the recall on them, and trust me we sell A LOT. We get about 13 in every Thursday and they are gone by close of business the next day. If a gun is crappy usually our used firearm counter shows it. There isn't a single LCP in there, so either they suck and people are throwing them out or people really like them.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby don taylor » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:49 pm

They are on back order from many suppliers. I'd buy another keltec first.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ajmorell » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:09 pm

Preacher1011 wrote:Nope never shot one. All it is is a Kel tec 380. Kel tec didn't patent their firearm and Ruger basically copied it to a "T". I haven't heard of any problems from people before or after the recall on them, and trust me we sell A LOT. We get about 13 in every Thursday and they are gone by close of business the next day. If a gun is crappy usually our used firearm counter shows it. There isn't a single LCP in there, so either they suck and people are throwing them out or people really like them.

Are you sure about that? I've heard and read on Rugerforum and the like that Ruger bought the Kel-Tec patent rights.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:17 pm

No that's just a rumour. I heard and spread the same thing and someone on here told me to find it, so I went to looking and everywhere I found said the same thing that Ruger basically just copied the unpatented Kel Tec.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:05 am

It is a Keltec with some minor "improvements" I had a keltec and it was not a good gun for me. The way my hands fit it the mag would drop out with every crap. My fingers gripped in just the right area to hit the mag release on recoil.

I liked the gun and the accuracy was great for such a tiny pistol.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ajmorell » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:09 am

Preacher1011 wrote:No that's just a rumour. I heard and spread the same thing and someone on here told me to find it, so I went to looking and everywhere I found said the same thing that Ruger basically just copied the unpatented Kel Tec.

Good to know. :thumbsup:
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:00 pm

Preacher1011 wrote:No that's just a rumour. I heard and spread the same thing and someone on here told me to find it, so I went to looking and everywhere I found said the same thing that Ruger basically just copied the unpatented Kel Tec.

I remember that. :yes:

I usually carry an HK USP Compact 45 and the Keltec was my pocket gun. I recently purchased a J-frame and LOVE it. I have a galco concealable holster and when that is not appropriate I drop it in the pocket holster (also from Galco). The HK just seems too big and heavy now that I have been carrying the smaller S&W.

If the Keltec / LCP fits your hands you should be happy it.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Dingbatter » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:11 pm

What's harder to find than a LCP? 380 ammo, everybody is on backorder!
Dingbatter
hunter

Re: Ruger LCP

Postby Buick_C » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:16 pm

I tried to get one the other day but they won't even order it because it's so back ordered. i was pissed. Taurus is coming out with the TCP sometime this year so I'll wait for that. Their titanium version is supposed to be about an ounce lighter than the LCP as well.
"Maybe instead of buying more guns you should enjoy the ones you already have!" -Hank Hill
Buick_C
hunter

Re: Ruger LCP

Postby Dingbatter » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:39 pm

I did purchase the LCP and have been very pleased with the gun. It does have a bit of recoil but aside from that its great!
Finding 380 ammo has been a challenge but I've been able to pick up a few boxes here & there. If you can find 380 ammo buy it. I was able to find a dealer today who had 5 boxes, I bought it all.
Dingbatter
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum