guns you wish you had back again

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

guns you wish you had back again

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:07 pm

Have you ever done this :huh:

I had a beautiful Browning BAR 30-06 (killed a few bear) a Browning HP silver chrome 9mm and a BLR 308. all of which were more to look at than to shoot so I sold them to make room and $$ for other projects. Now it is like something is missing :crying:

All the other guns that have come and gone do not really matter but for some reason these ones just keep bugging me. :fingerhead:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Re: guns you wish you had back again

Postby bluelund79 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:19 pm

WInchester 1300 20ga pump. I sold it to my dad so I could get a youth model 20ga for my wife. I do miss the fit of that gun during some pheasant hunts, but dad is cool enough to bring it along every now and again so I can use it. Not one that got away that I owned, but one I could/should have bought, Browning Gold 3" for $450, but single military income with 2 kids stopped that deal until it was too late, but I did end up with a decent 1187 instead down the road...I'm young enough that things will still come my way, especially since that I have 2 boys and my brother don't hunt....I just pray that it isn;t for a really long time as my dad intro'd me to hunting and the other outdoor sports...
bluelund79
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:34 pm

The only gun I've ever sold was my 12 ga Browning BPS Engraved Field model. I sold it to make way for my SX2 Waterfowl Ed. It was a good trade but I really miss the BPS.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby apexhunter » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:04 am

With a few exceptions the few guns I've sold or traded resulted in a definite upgrade so there are few reservations. A couple exceptions would be a customized Spanish mauser in 7x57 with a beautiful walnut stock, complete polish & rebluing job, reworked action and Timney trigger. Another would be my old "Hogleg", a stainless Super Redhawk .44 Mag with 7 1/2" barrel and Leupold 4X scope...but I traded it towards my Sweet 16 so it was a justified transaction.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Postby Kurt » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:20 am

i have only sold one and it was a mossbeg 835 ultimag. I think that was the happiest day of my life to get rid of that piece of crap.
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby don taylor » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:30 pm

Pre '64 model 70 .22 hornet

Obendorf Matching numbers Mauser

Parker 20 ga Field

Savage 99 in 250-3000

Colt Anaconda

A rare green Remington Nylon.

Model 88 in .243

Give me some more time to think about it. I've bought and sold so many guns, I don't really get attached to any one gun anymore. I've narrowed my collection down to 40 or so, and while i have others guns that replaced the caliber and style of the few I listed, but they were all in like new condition, some 75 years old. Some of the guns I let go just a few years later skyrocketed. That model 88 is the perfect example. Winchester couldn't give them away and i sold mine for a small profit, $550 in '99. I saw a unfired 308 going for $2500 just 6 months ago. Sometimes it makes me sick thinking about it.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Greg Wile » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:13 pm

Fox Sterlingworth SxS 12ga., Winchester 1886 in .45- 70 26 in. octagon barrel and a Winchester 94 in .38-55 24in. octagon barrel and my Dad's Winchester 94 in .30-30 made in 1947, 20 inch round barrel.And I wouldn't mind having my Winchester 94 in .307 back again but I have a soft spot for lever guns and SxS's, guess its got to do with the nostalgia and hunting is about getting close so who needs a long range wonder. Sorry guys & gals but you know how it is every one has an opinion and that is mine. I shoot a 6.5 X 55 and love it and it will reach out there with the best of them especially with hand loads. I have a Wesley Richards 12 bore SxS laminated Steel field grade hammer gun that I have used
with black powder and 2 1/2" shells, but would like to get barrel inserts for it and use 20ga shells out of it. The gun was made in 1867 in Birmingham England.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby killmaster » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:38 pm

I have never sold a gun, only bought them. I hope to never have to sell one, I try to choose carefully before I purchase so I don't see myself selling out of dislike, or need to upgrade as I tend to overbuy as it is haha.
NRA Life Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
DRAKE: End of story.
killmaster
hunter

Postby floating redneck » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:46 pm

we always got a gun for christmas every year growin up and dad always said ,dont sell a gun youll always miss it ,so i cant add to this post,dads wishes
"remember im pulling for you, we're all in this together" Red Green
floating redneck
hunter

Postby MissedAgain » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:52 pm

I think we all do this - guns, boats, old girlfriends, ...

While the old girlfriends don't stack up to my 2nd wife :yes: , I do have several boats and guns that I miss.

The first gun is a 1990 class S&W .22 semi pistol. It was light, well built, shot good - I gave it up in the divorce from wife #1 and can not find a replacement that is nearly as nice.

The second gun is a Winchester Model 70 featherweight. I'm looking for one.
Wanting to trade a Browning BLR .243 (great shape), for a halfway decent Featherweight Model 70...

There are 3 or 4 boats I really regret "upgrading" from - you never get them back... :no:
What duck?
MissedAgain
hunter

Postby muddydog » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:57 pm

Remington 700 BDL Varmit Special .222 1/4'' moa

Weatherby Vanguard 30-06 3/4'' moa with any load down the barrel.

Interarms Mauser action .270 5 shots would touch at 100 yards.

All these guns were factory stock and factory ammo! Sure do miss them all! :sad:
muddydog
hunter

Postby Pumpgunner » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:31 pm

My great-grandad's LC Smith damascus shotguns-my great-grandma sold them for next to nothing when he died.
Avery- the K-Mart of waterfowl gear.
Pumpgunner
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum