Question on latest Springfield XD pistol

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Question on latest Springfield XD pistol

Postby apexhunter » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:16 pm

This afternoon while perusing the guns at my favorite shop I was told that Springfield, is starting to make thumb safeties available on the latest XD pistols. Supposedly they are attempting to secure "approved" status with more LEO agencies and many of these require a manual thumb safety (similar to what S&W did on the M&P). My question for any dealers, wholesalers or those with inside information is whether this feature will be available on the XDM or the XD or both, AND if it is going to be availableon the standard XD, are they going to include the sub compact versions? I cannot find anything online and their latest catalog makes no mention of it. Being accustomed to a 1911 I personally like a thumb safety and may wait for them to become available before purchasing an XD.

Thanks in advance for any information.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Re: Question on latest Springfield XD pistol

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:32 am

They have been putting Thumb safties on the XD's for a long time. I purchased one last summer with the thumb safety and love it. Gives me a better feeling of "safety" while carrying a striker fired gun. The new FN's that I have seen have safetys too. The first ones I looked at only had a decocker. :thumbsup:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Question on latest Springfield XD pistol

Postby jrode237 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:01 pm

Check out Springfields website: www.springfield-armory.com
jrode237
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum