Duck Hunting Forum banner

Which sights and trigger for 1911 A1?

574 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Preacher1011 
#1 ·
I've had my 1911 for about 6 months now and while it's performance is steady and very reliable I know there's more accuracy I can get out of it than it's current stock set up. the sights are low mil-spec and the trigger is extremely hard to pull.

I'm going to put a longer trigger and some bigger sights on it. Can someone recommend a couple brands for each that are proven.

I'm aware that I have to have the slide machined for new sights and want to know the average cost of this. Is that trigger all that hard to upgrade?

#2 ·
Get a current copy of the Brownells catalog. Plenty of choices for both sights and triggers for the 1911. Have no idea of cost of instalation though.

Devildog, you live around Houston, don't you??

Check out Briley. They are known for chokes and subgauge tubes but also offer pistol and rifle work. 1-800-331-5718

#6 ·
Preacher1011 said:
For triggers, I don't know. But for any pistol I always recommend Trijicon Night Sights.
They are a good brand, but they don't have the stlyle I want.

Novak makes sights that have the center night bar on the rear sight and the front sight dot that lines up with it. As far as I can tell Trijicon doesn't offer them.

#7 ·
devildog28 said:
Preacher1011 said:
For triggers, I don't know. But for any pistol I always recommend Trijicon Night Sights.

Novak makes sights that have the center night bar on the rear sight and the front sight dot that lines up with it. As far as I can tell Trijicon doesn't offer them.
I don't think they do either. As long as there is some brand of Night Sights on there it's fine. They all use Tritium so they'll glow for a long time. I'm glad you said no to laser sights... I hate those things...

#8 ·
Preacher1011 said:
devildog28 said:
Preacher1011 said:

I don't think they do either. As long as there is some brand of Night Sights on there it's fine. They all use Tritium so they'll glow for a long time. I'm glad you said no to laser sights... I hate those things...
I know you work at GM so I just wanted to tell you that Novak does make the night bar set up I talked about in case a customer ever asks :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.