Which sights and trigger for 1911 A1?

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Which sights and trigger for 1911 A1?

Postby devildog28 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:31 pm

I've had my 1911 for about 6 months now and while it's performance is steady and very reliable I know there's more accuracy I can get out of it than it's current stock set up. the sights are low mil-spec and the trigger is extremely hard to pull.

I'm going to put a longer trigger and some bigger sights on it. Can someone recommend a couple brands for each that are proven.

I'm aware that I have to have the slide machined for new sights and want to know the average cost of this. Is that trigger all that hard to upgrade?
User avatar
devildog28
hunter
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Katy, TX


Re: Which sights and trigger for 1911 A1?

Postby REDGUN » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:02 pm

Get a current copy of the Brownells catalog. Plenty of choices for both sights and triggers for the 1911. Have no idea of cost of instalation though.

Devildog, you live around Houston, don't you??

Check out Briley. They are known for chokes and subgauge tubes but also offer pistol and rifle work. 1-800-331-5718
REDGUN
hunter
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:42 am
Location: NORTH TEXAS

Re: Which sights and trigger for 1911 A1?

Postby devildog28 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:29 pm

yep NW side!

Why?
User avatar
devildog28
hunter
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Katy, TX

Re: Which sights and trigger for 1911 A1?

Postby REDGUN » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:05 am

devildog28 wrote:yep NW side!

Why?


Because Briley is right down the road from you. (no shipping, just drop it off to them)

My target shotgun is there, as we speak, getting worked on. They would be as good as any to "fix up" your 1911. :thumbsup:
REDGUN
hunter
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:42 am
Location: NORTH TEXAS

Re: Which sights and trigger for 1911 A1?

Postby Preacher1011 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:29 am

For triggers, I don't know. But for any pistol I always recommend Trijicon Night Sights.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.


jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?


Image
User avatar
Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 8448
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: Which sights and trigger for 1911 A1?

Postby devildog28 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:43 pm

Preacher1011 wrote:For triggers, I don't know. But for any pistol I always recommend Trijicon Night Sights.


They are a good brand, but they don't have the stlyle I want.

Novak makes sights that have the center night bar on the rear sight and the front sight dot that lines up with it. As far as I can tell Trijicon doesn't offer them.
User avatar
devildog28
hunter
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Katy, TX

Re: Which sights and trigger for 1911 A1?

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:52 am

devildog28 wrote:
Preacher1011 wrote:For triggers, I don't know. But for any pistol I always recommend Trijicon Night Sights.


They are a good brand, but they don't have the stlyle I want.

Novak makes sights that have the center night bar on the rear sight and the front sight dot that lines up with it. As far as I can tell Trijicon doesn't offer them.


I don't think they do either. As long as there is some brand of Night Sights on there it's fine. They all use Tritium so they'll glow for a long time. I'm glad you said no to laser sights... I hate those things...
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.


jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?


Image
User avatar
Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 8448
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: Which sights and trigger for 1911 A1?

Postby devildog28 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:20 pm

Preacher1011 wrote:
devildog28 wrote:
Preacher1011 wrote:For triggers, I don't know. But for any pistol I always recommend Trijicon Night Sights.


They are a good brand, but they don't have the stlyle I want.

Novak makes sights that have the center night bar on the rear sight and the front sight dot that lines up with it. As far as I can tell Trijicon doesn't offer them.


I don't think they do either. As long as there is some brand of Night Sights on there it's fine. They all use Tritium so they'll glow for a long time. I'm glad you said no to laser sights... I hate those things...


I know you work at GM so I just wanted to tell you that Novak does make the night bar set up I talked about in case a customer ever asks :thumbsup:
User avatar
devildog28
hunter
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Katy, TX

Re: Which sights and trigger for 1911 A1?

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:43 pm

Thanks DD28. I've seen them, I just didn't know who made them. :thumbsup:
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.


jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?


Image
User avatar
Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 8448
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN


Return to Rifle and Handgun forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests