Remington 597

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Remington 597

Postby macdaddykeefer » Tue May 26, 2009 8:59 pm

I have a Remington 597 22 I bought used a few years back. Since I've had it if you fired it rapidly the spring in the trigger would come loose and you hafta take it part and reconnect it. I finally broke down and took it to the gun shop to get it fixed once and for all but they told me it'd cost more to fix it then to buy a brand new one.If thats the case how in the world is remington selling um for less then the price of one part! lol anyways anybody know where i could get a new trigger assembly for it?
John 3:16

Never let work get in the way of a possible duck whackin'
macdaddykeefer
hunter

Re: Remington 597

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed May 27, 2009 7:32 am

Although I don't know for certain for the 597, when I tried to buy a trigger assembly for a remington shotgun, the only place to buy it was from the mfg.

I don't know if its the same for the 597, you may try brownells.com, but if they don't have it, I would bet you can only buy it from Remington.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Re: Remington 597

Postby macdaddykeefer » Thu May 28, 2009 10:35 am

i took it to a second gun shop today and $50 n 30 minutes later its fixed lol
John 3:16

Never let work get in the way of a possible duck whackin'
macdaddykeefer
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum