best silencer

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

best silencer

Postby TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE » Sat May 30, 2009 8:51 am

who makes the best silencer for the ar15 gonna get a new stag arms left handed ar and a silencer would be pretty cool to have

btw i talked to my gun dealer and a suppressor is not illegal ony have to have a 200 dollar tax a fill out all the paper work
waterfowler20 wrote:
getemducks wrote:I am new to this but I think what you have there is a duck. :huh:

Are you crazy! That ain't no duck, thats one of'dem cackler gooses! :hi:
TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE
hunter

Re: best silencer

Postby 1FowlHNTR » Sat May 30, 2009 1:38 pm

Look at the SureFire version...You may be able to see them in action on YouTube. I can't get on there due to the slow internet over here, or I would link something to ya...
SERVICE MEMBERS....If you do not want to stand BEHIND US, feel free to stand IN FRONT OF US...
NRA LIFE MEMBER
DELTA WATERFOWL MEMBER
DUCKS UNLIMITED MEMBER
DUCK COMMANDER "DUCKAHOLICS" MILITARY MEMBER
REFUGE RAT MILITARY MEMBER
1FowlHNTR
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Sun May 31, 2009 1:34 am

You're not going to get one to put it simple. And your dealer is an idiot if he thinks its easy to get one. The paper work isn't just a form you fill out and mail in, it requires two signatures. One from the ATF and the other from the law enforcement authority in your township/city. Which translates to police chief or judge. The background check is pretty extensive, and good luck thinking that your police chief is going to just plop his john hancock on your form. think about how many people bombard his office thinking they need a class 3 license. Not to insult you but a kid is the last person he's going to sign for. I'm a combat decorated Marine with extensive weapons training and a CHL holder. It would be damn near impossible for even me to get one.
devildog28
hunter

Postby 1FowlHNTR » Sun May 31, 2009 7:00 am

devildog28 wrote:You're not going to get one to put it simple. And your dealer is an idiot if he thinks its easy to get one. The paper work isn't just a form you fill out and mail in, it requires two signatures. One from the ATF and the other from the law enforcement authority in your township/city. Which translates to police chief or judge. The background check is pretty extensive, and good luck thinking that your police chief is going to just plop his john hancock on your form. think about how many people bombard his office thinking they need a class 3 license. Not to insult you but a kid is the last person he's going to sign for. I'm a combat decorated Marine with extensive weapons training and a CHL holder. It would be damn near impossible for even me to get one.

Devil Dog,
actually, You have a good shot to get around it....not going to put it out in a public forum, but there IS a way....Oh, and don't discourage Webfoot....just this week alone, he has been beaten up by (ONLY) 3 mexicans, and had his good name drug through the mud on here for asking for advice....
SERVICE MEMBERS....If you do not want to stand BEHIND US, feel free to stand IN FRONT OF US...
NRA LIFE MEMBER
DELTA WATERFOWL MEMBER
DUCKS UNLIMITED MEMBER
1FowlHNTR
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Sun May 31, 2009 10:47 pm

Oh sweet baby Jesus...this thread is interesting....
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby ihuntdux » Sun May 31, 2009 11:41 pm

This kid needs to get a friggin job! :no:
ihuntdux
hunter

Postby 1FowlHNTR » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:06 am

ihuntdux wrote:This kid needs to get a friggin job! :no:

IHUNT,
how would he have time for Karate classes then??
NRA LIFE MEMBER
DELTA WATERFOWL MEMBER
DUCKS UNLIMITED MEMBER
1FowlHNTR
hunter

Postby TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:24 am

i spoke to the man that is the class 3 firearms dealer here in nebraska he said in nebraska you do not need to have a class3 firearms license to get it he said that if my dad went and bought it it would have to be signed by the sherrif write a 200 dollar check to atf i belive and about 4 months to process paperwork so it would be a big pain in the ass but it could be done
waterfowler20 wrote:
getemducks wrote:I am new to this but I think what you have there is a duck. :huh:

TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE
hunter

Postby TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:26 am

ihuntdux wrote:This kid needs to get a friggin job! :no:

ihuntdux for your info i do work 2 jobs now one running a loader and 1 working at dairy queen the in july i will be delivering sweetcorn that i grew to all the major grocery stores around here :fingerhead:
waterfowler20 wrote:

TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:52 pm

TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE wrote:i spoke to the man that is the class 3 firearms dealer here in nebraska he said in nebraska you do not need to have a class3 firearms license to get it he said that if my dad went and bought it it would have to be signed by the sherrif write a 200 dollar check to atf i belive and about 4 months to process paperwork so it would be a big pain in the ass but it could be done

That is a class 3 license he's talking about!!!! :no: The dealer has a class 3 DEALERS license. The way it works is you have to know exactly what you're wanting/able to buy and apply for a license to own exactly that. You buy 10 machine guns you gotta have 10 licenses! The class 3 is a federal law meaning that this guy really doesn't know what he's talking about if he thinks Neb has different rules:rolleyes:

I don't think your dad is gonna go for it btw. He'd be looking at massive fines and jail time if someone was using it without his direct supervision. Which means everywhere the weapon goes he goes. If he wants to take it out of state he has to file a request with the government.
devildog28
hunter

Postby Kurt » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:51 am

just get a surpresser (sp)? Like the fat bastard cant remember who makes it and all you have to do is have it put on by a gun smith. here in sd we can hunt and do everything we want with a surpressed weapon.
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby MM » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:47 pm

Why are you guys busting on him? He asked where to buy a suppressor, not to get hazed. We all understand it is nearly impossible to get one. Sounds like he understands that too... Picking on someone for asking a question is pathetic. :no:

To answer your question. Google where the closest class III dealer is to you. Find the model / part number you are looking for. Call the regional ATF office and your county sheriff and go from there. Good luck, you are going to need it.
Like us on facebook! Reelfishingchat.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ReelFishi ... 6234462878
MM
Super Moderator

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum