Mossberg ATR

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Mossberg ATR

Postby muddydog » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:23 pm

I just traded for a Mossberg ATR 30-06. I mounted a walmart $33.00 Tasco 3-9x scope and was very impressed with the groups I shot with factory ammo around 1'' at 100 yds. There are alot of features on the rifle that are similar to a Savage gun, It has a pinned bolt head and barrel nut and an adjustable trigger. Anyone else have this gun? Seems like it might be my new go to rifle this year.
muddydog
hunter

Re: Mossberg ATR

Postby kenjs1 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:37 am

I hope it works out well for you and the one ATR I witnessed shot amazingly well. I have heard of a report or two of issues with the bolt of this gun but looking just now could find none reported. I would feel better if you contacted Mossberg with your serial number - just for peace of mind. I nall likelihood it is fine but..... I will advise you to try and save some cash for a better scope. Pentax Gameseekers are inexpensive and are basically the same as a Burris Fullfield which are excellent- but cost less as a Pentax. A Weaver Classic is a terrific scope for the money too and will track well and repeatedly. Last thing you want is a broken reticle or improper adjustments on opening day. Hope I don't sound like I am raining on your parade, not my intent - hope the Mossberg gives many great years to you.
kenjs1
Newb

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum