Name This Rifle

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Name This Rifle

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:20 pm

My dad happened across this rifle today and we don't know what it is. To me it looks like a Lee-Enfield Jungle Carbine with some kind of modified action. What do you guys think?

Close up of the action:

Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Name This Rifle

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:53 pm

I think I found it. It's a sporterized M1889. Now the big question. Anybody know what it's worth off the top of your head? There's quite a bit of rust on the barrel, but the inside of it is spotless.

http://www.swissrifles.com/sr/tallen/

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jrockncash » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:19 pm

Hard to tell the price. Lot of times it depends on who did the conversion and if its some sort of specialty high demand gun. Former military guns that have millions of clones out there are sometimes not worth much. Then again it could be worth a bunch. Now hows that for helpful? :hi:

Blue Book for guns?
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
jrockncash
hunter

Postby fallnl » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:43 am

Kinda looks like a bastardized K31 Swiss...I dunno.
If it flies...It might not die, but by God it will get a damned good dodging workout!!!

2009 TOTALS:
Mallard: 5

Team Quackers for Quackers...(the lowly probie)
fallnl
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:11 pm

Definitely some kind of Schmidt Rubin action rifle. Straight pull back bolt.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:48 pm

Like I said it's a sporterized Schmidt Rubin Model 1889. I meant to look it up in the Blue Book at work today, but got to busy to check. I'm sure it won't be worth more than a couple hundred dollars.

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Sagebrush » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:34 am

That pull ring in back and that side bar gave that gun away....................1889 Rubin

They are one of the few over seas rifles that have a low price tag and are also very popular in the "Stock"
target shooters here in the west coast on the "Metal" target games, since the ammo is cheap and the rifle very accurate.

I beleive it is a Swiss model....... My budy that is a gunsmith has three of them and is going to customise them.
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:47 pm

Locally I have seen them around $149 but They are in "used" condition. that one looks pretty nice. But acording to the 13th edition of the BB they range from $395 60% to $995 100% with most falling into the 85% to 90% catagory at around $675. I might have to pick up a couple of them the next time the local shop gets some in. I am an enfield fan but have sold all of my military rifles to support othe projects.... :violin:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum