From the desert

A place to share and ask questions about outdoor photography.

Moderators: Kiskadinna, Greenhead Grappler

From the desert

Postby hamernhonkers » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:34 pm

Not many ducks to get pics of down here in the desert so I am finding anything I can to take pics of now.

I am afraid I over sharpened this one but it is kind of cool trying to look into his eye's.

Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Re: From the desert

Postby REM1100 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:52 am

Very nice..you must have taken this close to ten yds? :thumbsup: with your 400mm..i prefer to set the camera to max sharpness. I think the pic is ok the second one could use some more sharpening

I miss my camera as it is out for warranty repairs..maybe I'll pull out the $35 trusty minolta 450si and slap on a $75 minolta beercan & load some 47 cent 200 film and shoot something as I am getting restless geese are hard to find
on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby Spiraleyes » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:34 pm

Nice shots! Oversharpening doesn't make up for camera shake or improper exposure, so don't think you need to over do it. The more natural a shot, the better IMO. Post up more!
Jim R
Spiraleyes
State Moderator

Postby REM1100 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:53 pm

I try to preset the sharpness, color and contrast on the sony camera so I hardly have to do any editing as I have a poorman's editing
program called picaso which is the s#$$@ and I can't load my sony picture browser because of a glitch with windows 7.
Keep those desert pics comming
on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Return to Outdoor Photography Forum