Fireworks

A place to share and ask questions about outdoor photography.

Moderators: Kiskadinna, Greenhead Grappler

Fireworks

Postby lostpup » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:51 pm

Okay REM1100 I loaded some of them up for you. These are just back yard fireworks. We went to 3 friends party's and I have a ton. I did not use BULB I found it took to long of an exposure. I used my sony a380 with an 18 X 55mm lens I set the shutter speed on .8" with a F4.5 some time I'd move to F5.6. Here is the kicker because they were just small fireworks I set up on a tripod and tried to chase the stream. It was kinda a mess till I got the timing figured out. Here are a few of the better ones. I got several with good streams or blur, but found that the ( blub ) function was to difficult the way I was doing it.

Here is My favorite pic I took over the 4th weekend It was 1/20 shutter speed on F5.6. I just think it is awsome how it blured the child !!!!!

lostpup
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Fireworks

Postby REM1100 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:58 am

Pretty and well done.
I just took some tonite and will post some fireworks from the Calgary Stampede tomorrow when I have a chance to download them as I use Bulb at 2-3 sec with the remote cable release..ISO was set at 100 and white balance was set to Daylight the Aperture was set to F9 and image stabilization wsa turned off also the long exposure noise reduction was off Set on Manual Focus with Matrix and Local settings all on a tripod from the back of my suv.

Anybody else should post their fireworks pics to brighten this period of inactive hunting
on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby REM1100 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:25 pm

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb276/REM1100/DSC09547.jpg[/I[IMG]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb276/REM1100/DSC09569.jpg[/img]MG]

Pics taken with Sony 55-200 mm f4-5.6 @ 83mm focal length and F9 about 2 sec
on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby Spiraleyes » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:25 pm

Cool pics, Rem. Too bad the power lines got in the way on all of them. Share more!
Jim R
Spiraleyes
State Moderator

Postby REM1100 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:18 pm

The powerline and also some cars and heads were in the line of sight, some I could crop out but for free parking and being there two hours prior it was the best I could get and I also had to shoot between a xmas tree and a big communications tower Next week there is an international fireworks festival and I will have a better position from a half a mile out with the zoom.
Sorry to bore you guys and I will promise next week to post some wildlife when I go for a two kilometer hike and use the proper setups.

on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby lostpup » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:25 am

Rem they are great. I wish I would have made it to a bigger show to see how well I could have done. I very much enjoyed hanging out with friends and family but as for the pictures I was in the same catorgery. Thanks for posting up some big BOOMERS.
lostpup
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Outdoor Photography Forum