Love my new spotting scope

A place to share and ask questions about outdoor photography.

Moderators: Kiskadinna, Greenhead Grappler

Love my new spotting scope

Postby 20bolt » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:49 pm

I just thought I would post this up because I spent a long time looking for spotting scope reviews from waterfowlers and couldn't find a thing.

I bought a Nikon III ED @ 60mm and its awesome. I am really impressed with the quality of the optics and the clarity of the scope even on the far edges of the lens.

I bought the scope without trying out other scopes, so until my latest trip to Cabelas to checkout both swarovski and leopold I wasnt sure I had made the right decision. Within the same price range, the Swarovski was close, but the Nikon was still more crisp. A long focus, the Swarovski had much higher degree chromatic aberration.

I still dont know if the 82mm would have been a better choice, but I am headed out this weekend for some duck watching. I will keep you posted on how it preforms in low light.
Support Conservation Efforts
Hunters and non-hunters alike should support wilderness conservation by both personal actions like conserving natural resources, and by supporting the good work of institutions like Ducks Unlimited.
20bolt
hunter

Return to Outdoor Photography Forum