Duck Hunting Forum banner

What camera?

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Posted Land Nocturnal bandit 
#1 ·
Looking to get a new camera. I shoot mainly hunting and fishing and I know I need a quick shutter speed for waterfowl. I want some of those amazing shots that I can't do with my current camera. I think I will need a really good zoom lens as well for those waterfowl shots. Any suggestions? I would like to spend less and $1000 but I may spend more just depending. Camera needs to have interchangeable lens.

What do you guys think?

#3 ·
Spiraleyes said:
Ryd3rHunTRFishR said:
Looking to get a new camera. I shoot mainly hunting and fishing and I know I need a quick shutter speed for waterfowl. I want some of those amazing shots that I can't do with my current camera. I think I will need a really good zoom lens as well for those waterfowl shots. Any suggestions? I would like to spend less and $1000 but I may spend more just depending. Camera needs to have interchangeable lens.

What do you guys think?
You can get a camera body for $1000 that will work great, but you need to increase your budget by 3-4x for the lenses you'll need.
There are countless threads here asking the same thing, do a little searching :)
Thanks I guess no need to be :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame:

#4 ·
These were taken this morning with a Nikon D5100. I don't know what you are looking for exactly in quality, but this is well under the numbers quoted about. The lens is a lens that came in a package deal. 55-200 mm Nikon DX lens 4.0-5.6 F stop. Nothing special in the camera world. I bought the package with two lenses from Sam's club for around $720. I didn't downsize the pictures enough so you may need to click in the images to see the whole picture.

These pictures are unedited other than cropping.

#5 ·
I currently use the Cannon SX 40 HS Powershot http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_sx40_hs I love this camera has amazing zoom, crystal clear 1080i video, pictures all around it was worth every penny. I made alot of videos with the SX40 check out my youtube page on my sig to see the vid's . My father liked the camera so much he went out and bought the new SX 50 hs powershot last week. It's affordable, compact, and has all & more the features you will need for any type of photography not to mention the excellent reviews/consumer reports. Check it out you won't be disappointed. :thumbsup:

#11 ·
I have cannon T3 and T3I with off brand lenses. It takes decent pics and is a good one to learn on. I use it for hunting, camping and the kids sports events. I want to try a larger lens. My wife bought me the filter kit which I like and the book T3I for dummies for me to fumble through. I would suggest getting the book for what ever camera you get.

goodluck, post some pics I would like to see them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.