Camera/lens question

A place to share and ask questions about outdoor photography.

Moderators: Kiskadinna, Greenhead Grappler

Camera/lens question

Postby Geauxtigers1421 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:59 pm

Hey guys, I'm new to the world of photography so I don't know much about the brands and terms and all. I got interested in photographing wildlife from people on this site and decided to give it a try. Here are some pictures from this season with my parents canon rebel t1i
Anyways, I am looking to buy my own camera and was hoping I could get some help from y'all. I was looking at a canon rebel t3i, so if anyone could give me some info on that it would be appreciated!
Also, I was looking at the sigma 150-500mm lense
And last, how do y'all keep your cameras clean and dry?!

Thanks!
Geauxtigers1421
hunter

Re: Camera/lens question

Postby Geauxtigers1421 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:28 pm

Nobody?
Geauxtigers1421
hunter

Postby Boatman » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:37 pm

You may want to look at a sony cybershot. Nice little camera,16.2 megapic,1080 HD video,and built in carl zeiss zoom lense. One of the few sml cameras with see through view finder,or screen.Picture quality is great. I carry mine in it's case(small) and then in my blind bag so I have shells,calls and camera at my fingertips.And the software that comes with the camera you can pick frames out of the video and make them pictures,you get action pictures you never would have seen. The eagle pic was pulled from a video I took.

There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby Ryan Hill » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:32 pm

If you're already using a basic DSLR then don't get anything less. Stick with Canon since you're already using a Rebel. (As you can see I'm a Canon guy :thumbsup:). That Sigma is a great lens for the price. AF is a tad bit slow but it's certainly more than acceptable for how much it cost. These pics were shot with a 60D and that 150-500. I recommend always shooting in Av at the least, and Manual if you can. Lots of guys shoot Av most of the time, myself included. If you're gonna buy a new camera and really want to get into the photography thing then I highly recommend spending the extra money on a better camera that you'll be able to "grow into". The T3i only has a 3.7 fps frame rate, so shooting sports and wildlife will most likely get frustrating. At 5.3 fps, I'm even looking to upgrade my 60D for a faster Canon. That being said, I have no real complaints about my 60D. It's always done what I wanted and I wouldn't have picked any other camera to learn on. I won't get rid of it either, it'll make a great backup. :biggrin:
Attachments
Honker21.jpg
Cinnamon1.jpg
Hoodie1.jpg
Pintails1.jpg
Dog31.jpg
Ryan Hill
hunter

Return to Outdoor Photography Forum