GoPro Still Image Question

A place to share and ask questions about outdoor photography.

Moderators: Kiskadinna, Greenhead Grappler

GoPro Still Image Question

Postby MoJo2014 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:22 pm

I have a GoPro Hero 3 silver and was wondering if anyone knows how to get crisp still images or "screen shots" from the video. Now I am using the Cineform 2.0 to edit the video and export the stills in step 2, but even when I save the image as the largest size the images still have blurry edges and are not as crisp as the video. I keep seeing people post really clean sharp go pro pics but I don't know if they are taking them from the video or taking them on still mode on the camera. Anyone have any tips? Thanks!
MoJo2014
Newb

Re: GoPro Still Image Question

Postby Bsanders89 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:00 am

If you want a good photo use the photo burst mode. You can get HQ photos and still be able to put them together as a video clip. Or even use the time lapse and set it to take a picture ever .5 seconds
Bsanders89
hunter

Postby danielhuang » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:55 am

may be gopro manual you need, following link is the gopro resources,you can get the gopro manual and other helpful information.
http://projectgo.pro/member/top-gopro-r ... em8a2D6h_i
danielhuang
Newb

Postby GoProHunt » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:13 am

MoJo2014 wrote:I have a GoPro Hero 3 silver and was wondering if anyone knows how to get crisp still images or "screen shots" from the video. Now I am using the Cineform 2.0 to edit the video and export the stills in step 2, but even when I save the image as the largest size the images still have blurry edges and are not as crisp as the video. I keep seeing people post really clean sharp go pro pics but I don't know if they are taking them from the video or taking them on still mode on the camera. Anyone have any tips? Thanks!

Download VLC Media Player, with that program you can take a "Snapshot" as they call it. This will save the paused video image that you have it stopped at and you'll have a great jpeg picture. Here's some of my examples.

GoProHunt
hunter

Return to Outdoor Photography Forum