Couple of pictures with the new camera

A place to share and ask questions about outdoor photography.

Moderators: Kiskadinna, Greenhead Grappler

Couple of pictures with the new camera

Postby Montanafowler » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:18 pm

i bought a fujifilm s700 the other day, here are some test pictures.

The dog and the dekes

copenhagen

I plan on using it to video the hunts this season, but does anyone know a site that doesn't compress files so the resolution stays good and clear? the videos are good on my computer, but i guess i need to put one on photobucket to know if they keep some quality.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby REM1100 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:23 pm

Seems like a good reliable affordable camera at 7.1egapixels and 10x zoom.
If you are going to shoot video make sure you have lot of memory and check out to see if the camera can shoot video at high res and be also be able to zoom in also..640x480 res is ok res and won't be really clear anyways compressed or not..pay attention to the lighting conditions and adjust for exposure in low light early hunting conditions. Take a practic evideo shoot at that time and you will know what I mean.
If you set the camera at continuous shooting mode you will get frame by frame clearer pics along with the image stabilization rather than going video

IN regards to a few test shots it appears to like the outdoors and not like the indoors too much.
You might want to not shoot at the AE auto mode but rather go set up a Program mode with the setting set at centre focus and set the color to vivid and also set the sharpness to hard and if you have a contrast set that also to hard..For indoor shooting watch the histogram and maybe set the exposure to say-.3-5 to get away from the soft light pic look.

Look out for purple fringing at higher zoom-focal lengths but you can remove some with photoshop

For wildlife get as close as possible as it only zooms out to 350mm

Take more pics and practice with the settings
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby Montanafowler » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:50 am

thanks. I did a test video and it shot very well. i bought 4 gigs of memeory so i can shoot over an hour of video at hi res, 2 hours at low res. i will probably buy more memeory before duck season though. i found a dragonfly flying around my yard so i focused on it for a duck like simulation, it came out good. i set the video at high res.

as for pictures, i'm still experimenting on shutter speed and apature setting. the dog one came out good i think, especially for indoors.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby REM1100 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:49 pm

You have to get up early and run the video test in real like hunting conditions as the video has no zoom or settings or flash lightings..it is going to be tough to shoot the video unless you are on an afternoon hunt
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby Montanafowler » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:42 am

i do have zoom, i will check how it does on low light this weekend. i can always carry a flashlight until shooting light, then there should be enough light to film.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby REM1100 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:39 pm

I stand to be corrected this Fuji is one of the few camera with the zoom feature for movie mode.

GO FOR IT!!!!! :hammer: :hammer: :thumbsup:
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby Montanafowler » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:55 pm

i got 4 megs of memory for it the other day for 25 bucks (2 2mb sd cards) and i can shoot over an hour of video on high quality on it, on low i can shoot over 2 hours. i'm gonna buy more sd cards before season though so i can film the entire hunt. I'm gonna make some half hour hunting shows if i am able. Maybe I'll post them on here so i can get some member feedback.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby Montanafowler » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:00 pm

here's pictures from today when my and my buddy were building a blind at the river.

Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby gadwall getter » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:08 pm

great pics idaho!!! :thumbsup:
DUCKS ARE GOOD EATS. EAT WHAT YOU KILL.
gadwall getter
hunter

Return to Outdoor Photography Forum