Duck Hunting Forum banner

Looking for a good affordable camera

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  REM1100 
#1 ·
I was looking into getting a good affordable camera for a hobby. I love taking picture of nature but I just don't have a camera that will give me the quality pictures that I would like. I really don't have a lot of money to spend on one. So I was wondering if some of you could suggest an affordable camera that could zoom in and get quality pics without breaking my wallet. I realize that I may be thinking unrealistically but I wanted to see what you guys thought! Thanks!!!

#2 ·
I suggest you start off with an older used quality film camera with most of the older quality zoom lens from ebay and learn the principals of photography first.
The purchase will be cheap plus the lens and accessaries would most likely work on a starter DSLR camera in the future....I did that since 1996..I am now on my third film camera and fith digital camera

A faster shortcut would be to buy a super compact top of the line point and shoot zoom digital camera used and go with something over 12x optical zoom and get a half decent developing system to touch them up so they look presentable...you might get something half decent close to $200..look up Steve's Digicams site for comparison and details and pricing

Going into serious nature photography takes location catching the moment lighting skills and a half decent DSLR with some mid grade sharp tele lens to reach out to a honest 450mm ie 70-300mm lens plus crop factor of about 1.5 multiplier..Once you have this system it becomes addictive as you are looking always to upgrade and the cost may supercede a collection of full bodies canadas easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.