Some random pics

A place to share and ask questions about outdoor photography.

Moderators: Kiskadinna, Greenhead Grappler

Some random pics

Postby ks_waterfowler » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:20 pm

Got a new camera yesterday. These are just some pics as we were trying to figure out how to use it. Pics should get better once we figure out how to make it do everything its capable of.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Re: Some random pics

Postby REM1100 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:35 pm

The Canon power..should be ok.
Seems like you went and fingerprinted/smeared the lens or had camera shake and or forgot to turn on the image stabilisation.
some of the pics are lack of color and are soft
Most of the properties look decent
I am sure after you learn the ropes the pics will improve
Try out the landscape mode and also the sports mode
Get some lens cleaner and a good cloth
on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:09 am

We havent figurted out how to turn on the image stabilization. Still working on that. Its only day two and Ill be damned if I will read that boring manual. This is the wifes camera I got her for her b-day. I got a cheaper one to drag thru the mud hunting and fishing. Here are some I actually got to take today. Plan to get a little more into this once I figure out the ropes...
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby REM1100 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:26 am

After doing some editing, here is what it might look like once you master the functions.
It needed some contrast and some highlites tweaked..a dash of color and some sharpness added in pic was a little overexposed mening quite possibly you were shooting into the sun at an angle.
You have to read the boring manual and take more pics in different modes..try some people shots

on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby berettaguy17 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:10 pm

you should have put them white geese out of their misery
Why not shoot all 3 shots, they make more shells everyday.
berettaguy17
hunter

Postby Spiraleyes » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:51 pm

REM1100 wrote:After doing some editing, here is what it might look like once you master the functions.
It needed some contrast and some highlites tweaked..a dash of color and some sharpness added in pic was a little overexposed mening quite possibly you were shooting into the sun at an angle.
You have to read the boring manual and take more pics in different modes..try some people shots

Rem, on all the pictures you process the contrast and saturation must be turned up to something like 400%. Scale it back a bit, bud. :thumbsup:
Jim R
Spiraleyes
State Moderator

Postby REM1100 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:20 pm

You are ever so right as I am using a laptop with not too good resolution for editing and I put the same on my son's big monitor with a much higher resolution which makes me tend to believe now that most pics don'ytneed that much editing.

So gang I apologize for some overedited pics and I ill turn down the settings on my own camera say maybe down a notch.

Thanks for pointing that out to me.
on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Return to Outdoor Photography Forum