Had a quick question for you guys

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

Had a quick question for you guys

Postby Sir Big Spur » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:59 pm

So i've heard a lot about these Blackwater guys recently and i'm interested in learning more about them, i know Jeremy Scahill's book is a best seller and what not but from reading reviews it sounds like he's kind of bashing the organization? i might be wrong though, but just thought i'd ask if you guys knew of any other books about Blackwater that were more positive maybe?
Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips.
Sir Big Spur
hunter

Re: Had a quick question for you guys

Postby bamanative85 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:27 pm

to me, 15 months in Iraq in the army was enough. Wouldn't want to do it as a civilian. I know they pay good but number 1 it's not worth the risk, number 2 if you have a family then it's deffinetly not worth it. That's just my thoughts on blackwater or any of those contractors. Think when I get out I'll find something that will not make me leave home again.
"They call it huntin not killin"

09-10
blacktail deer 1
geese-2
ducks-0
grouse-1
pheasant-1
bamanative85
hunter

Postby MIKE J. » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:48 pm

They have a new name, "Xe" services. everyone still refers to them as Blackwater. pretty cool organization.
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby TopGunMich » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:19 pm

They got a real bad rap from the Liberal Media for sure. The Democrats went after them because they received alot of contracts, beating out some of their friends. Same liberals who crucified the soliders for making the isurgents wear dog collars, while they beheaded our guys. We are insensitive to their religon and they bomb buildings and planes.
STIMULUS PKG THAT WOULD WORK: PUT A $1000 DOLLAR REWARD ON THE 15 MILLION ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IN THIS COUNTRY, $2500 ON DRUG DEALERS, & $5000 ON TERROIST, $10000 ON POLITICANS !!!!!!
TopGunMich
hunter

Postby Ginzu » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:06 pm

Bunch of quasi mercs who feel that they are above the law and definitely operate outside the UCMJ and make no bones about it.
Colonel, USMC
CH-53E pilot
Ginzu
hunter

Postby Sir Big Spur » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:15 pm

Yeah ive been reading quite a bit, but ive also been seeing blackwater stickers and jackets and stuff a lot recently, and after reading it began right here in NC? thought that was interesting, i can understand why some people are not into them so much, but who can you trust over there?
Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips.
Sir Big Spur
hunter

Postby TopGunMich » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:08 pm

Bunch of good guys, doing a damn hard job, ruffled a few feathers and the UCMJ doesnt apply!!!
STIMULUS PKG THAT WOULD WORK: PUT A $1000 DOLLAR REWARD ON THE 15 MILLION ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IN THIS COUNTRY, $2500 ON DRUG DEALERS, & $5000 ON TERROIST, $10000 ON POLITICANS !!!!!!
TopGunMich
hunter

Postby FITZH2O » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:50 pm

Ginzu wrote:Bunch of quasi mercs who feel that they are above the law and definitely operate outside the UCMJ and make no bones about it.

What are the ROE's on the flight line? :hi:
FITZ

"COMMON SENSE IS AN UNCOMMON VIRTUE"

VEG*NHIPPIE Wrote - I'm from the UK, and it's not an issue here

UNDERRADAR REPLIED - Hey, good to know that. Coming up on July 4, we have a celebration. You know of it?
FITZH2O
hunter

Return to Military Forum