Thank You and God Bless

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

Thank You and God Bless

Postby GKO » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:21 pm

I want thank all who Serve,have Served and will Serve our Country for your unselfish sacrifice.

May God Bless you and yours this Holiday Season!
GKO
hunter

Re: Thank You and God Bless

Postby SGM-DKHNTR » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:37 am

You know GKO, I opened your posting, I read it, I thought it was very nice of you, and then I closed it like 218 others did before me without responding.

I think you deserve a responce, but I know why you didnt get one.

I may be so bold as to speak on behalf of my brothers and sisters currently in uniform and serving the people of this great country of ours.

I'm hopeful my brothers and sisters in all our services, Navy, Air Force, Army, Marines, and Coast Guard will agree, we are all merely humble servants doing what we love doing, and doing the only thing we know,,,taking care of business! We do not do it for the accolades or recognition. We do not accept praise and appreciation very well. In fact when a person goes out of there way in a airport to thank us for our service, although appreciated, many times we're embarrased to accept such gracious praise, especially when we know so many of our brothers and sisters are no longer around to accept the same. We don't do it for the money. God knows there's better ways of earning a living without leaving your families for a year and longer, deploying to a danger zone, working 12-16 hours a day for seven days a week for a year straight We have young soldiers on food stamps, and others barely getting by as our younger soldiers are trying to raise their famlies in these trying times. They do it because they made a commiment. They do it because they are dedicated to something more important than themsleves. These brave young (and a few of us not so young) men and women as I mentioned leave their families behind for a year or more to deploy to foreign land in harms way voluntarily and willingly because they know that it will make our country a better place for our (and your) grandchildrens's grandchildren to grow up in.

So when you submit a posting thanking them for their service, and 218 people open it up and don't respond, please do not think it goes unnoticed or is without appreciation. They're simply doing what they do, taking care of business.

On behalf of us, thank you for your support.
"I see dead birds flying"
SGM-DKHNTR
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:35 am

Thank you GKO and very well put SGM!

K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby GKO » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:38 am

Understood!
Not looking or needing a response. Your commitment speaks for itself.

God Bless!
GKO
hunter

Postby Paddles Down » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:49 am

GKO, Thankyou!

SGM thank you for actually including us Coasties! Sadly not many people do.
Paddles Down
Paddles Down
hunter

Postby GKO » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Paddle Down, my post is meant for any and all that wear a Uniform in Ready to Defend this Country.

Thank You!
GKO
hunter

Return to Military Forum