Southeast Texas waterfowl

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

Southeast Texas waterfowl

Postby oneshot-duckdown » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:40 pm

I know the season just ended here but here is what I am bringing to the table. I want to offer to take military personnel on a waterfowl hunt in Southeast Texas during next season. I will start hunting in early Teal season and will hunt until the season closes. We will be hunting Teal(Bluewing and Greenwing), Mallards, Pintails, Bluebills, Mottled Ducks,Redheads, Wooducks, Mergansers, and Maybe a Canvasback and Golden eye if we're lucky. I can/will provide everything Boats, dogs, dekes, shotguns, shells and possibly camo clothing if we are close to the same size. There are thousands of acres I can take them and several honey holes( might require a blindfold on the boat ride out. LOL.) I am more than willing to give my time and equipment to see that they have a good time, afterall, look at all they do for me
oneshot-duckdown
hunter

Re: Southeast Texas waterfowl

Postby oneshot-duckdown » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:45 am

I'll even go one further, the first military veteran takes me up on this offer, and we do find the ducks, and they harvest one they want mounted, I will have the bird mounted for them and send it to them when the mount is complete
oneshot-duckdown
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:27 pm

That is a great offer Oneshot! I'm sure someone will take you up on this hunt....maybe me! When does your season open?

Thanks,
K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby oneshot-duckdown » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:33 am

Early Teal season is usuall the middle two weekends of September then regular duck season usually starts the last Saturday in October or the first Saturday in November, depending on how the days fall that particular year. This past season It opened October 31st......If you do take me up on it and you come in Teal season or the first part of regular season it is still realitvley warm so be sure to pack your "anti-alligator" bullets :biggrin: :yes: :lol3:
oneshot-duckdown
hunter

Postby duck slayR » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:50 am

awesome offer guys take him up on this one! keep up the great work oneshot we thank you!
here they come boys start callin'..................wait....SHOOT it's just seagulls!
duck slayR
Suzie Spoonbill Slayer

Postby k9horseluvr » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:13 pm

I hear the Gator huntin is pretty good in Texas! I'll have to see about coming down...maybe my travelin' partner can join us...whattya say slayR?!
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby oneshot-duckdown » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:25 am

Both of ya'll come a runnin and I will fix you up on a slam dunk, sweet Jesus which one do I shoot first, where in the hell did all these birds come from, texas hunt
oneshot-duckdown
hunter

Postby GIjake » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:36 am

Thats an outstanding offer!

I just left TX about 18 months ago. I am out here in Alabama now and hoping to head back to Ft. Hood, TX when I finish flight school this summer. If I am so lucky to get back to TX I will let you know! My wife and all here family are from The Woodlands, where are you at from there?

Jake
GIjake
hunter

Postby oneshot-duckdown » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:57 am

Hey Jake,
I am from Old River which is about 40 miles east of Houston right in the middle of the marshes around The Old & Lost rivers. Look me up when you get here and I will take you on an hunt. I am looking forward to it. call or email anytime.

GIjake wrote:Thats an outstanding offer!

I just left TX about 18 months ago. I am out here in Alabama now and hoping to head back to Ft. Hood, TX when I finish flight school this summer. If I am so lucky to get back to TX I will let you know! My wife and all here family are from The Woodlands, where are you at from there?

Jake
oneshot-duckdown
hunter

Postby SGM-DKHNTR » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:55 am

You should call your offer the God Father Special, because it's an offer you can't refuse.

It's a tremendous offer. You and GKO both are extremely gracious. I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to take you up on your awesome offer, given my geographical situation, but someone's gonna have a hell of a hunt!

If I may be so bold, I'd just like to say on behalf of about a million of my closest friends serving today, we thank you and are honored to serve for you. It's people like you, GKO, and so many others that make it worth while!

Everything is bigger in Texas, including your kindness.

Until we meet, if ever, keep the powder dry and the beer cold.

Hooah!
"I see dead birds flying"
SGM-DKHNTR
hunter

Postby airborneduckhunter » Wed May 05, 2010 2:06 pm

One-shot, I am a 3-time veteran of OIF and I am currently stationed at Fort Polk. I would love to come down and take you up on your offer. Where in SE texas are you? Fort Polk is about an hour and a half north of Lake Charles. Pm me if your offer is still availiable. Thanks for your support.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell
airborneduckhunter
hunter

Postby Rascal Winchester » Sun May 23, 2010 2:45 am

OneShot - Duck Down,
I can't tell you what a great offer that is. It really is great to hear that kind of support from our hunting buddies in texas when most of it has waned off. I left texas three years ago to join and go to flight school, but now have returned to FT Hood. I am going to miss the early teal season as we will by at NTC in california training for the entire month of september, but I would love to get to go hunting with you during the regular season if you have the chance. It really is a great thing you are doing and on behalf of all of us I thank you for the support and offer. Even if we don't get the chance to hunt together please feel free to pm me if you need anything ( shells for other troops ect... ). There are a lot of younger soldiers who tell me how they hunted growing up and how much they want to go again, but after joining, training, and deploying no longer get out there. It's a great thing your doing and I would be glad to help you give this chance to our soldiers. Take care and good hunting. From the 4/227th 1st CAV DIV Air Cavalry Brigade THANKS :beer:
Rascal Winchester
hunter

Postby relocatedduckman » Sun May 23, 2010 10:15 am

I have some land in cumberland TX that I need to go check out.. looks like a great time to head down there. I may have to give you a shout here sometime in the year and take you up on it.. need to go shoot some hogs off my land..
relocatedduckman
hunter

Postby OutdoorAviator » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:15 pm

That's one hell of an offer. I just moved to Kingsville, and have been looking for somewhere around here or Corpus to hunt. I shot you a pm, and really appreciate any help! :thumbsup:
Superior pilots use their superior knowledge to keep from using their superior skills.
OutdoorAviator
hunter

Postby sniper73 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:33 am

One Shot,
I am new to the area and I am in the military. I would like to know the area and need a guide. I want to do my own scouting, but I am not sure what is cleared for hunting. Hell if I bring you a map of the area could you highlite no hunting and hunting area, so I am not wasting time scouting the wrong area.
sniper73
hunter

Postby txgrunt03 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:36 pm

Dang, what a great offer. Wish I was gonna be home in Lake Jackson during season. Even though I cannot make it, thanks for the offer. Im in Cali right now and it would be nice to know some goood areas and the access to hunt them without having to wait in a sweat line all day. Good Job.
txgrunt03
hunter

Postby oneshot-duckdown » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:21 pm

yessir, get a map to me and I will fix you up on what you can and cannot hunt

sniper73 wrote:One Shot,
I am new to the area and I am in the military. I would like to know the area and need a guide. I want to do my own scouting, but I am not sure what is cleared for hunting. Hell if I bring you a map of the area could you highlite no hunting and hunting area, so I am not wasting time scouting the wrong area.
oneshot-duckdown
hunter

Postby Slasker » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:52 pm

I actually live now here in Clearlake, TX and work out of Ellington Field with the Texas Army National Guard. I would love to try a get a hunt in with you this year if possible. I have been an avid duck hunter for a couple years now, so I have all the gear I would need, but I am looking for some great hunting out east of the Houston area. You would not need to provide any equipment, but i do think the offer is amazing and truly means the world to guys like us in the service. Think you could help out any?
Slasker
hunter

Return to Military Forum