A year ago...

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

A year ago...

Postby Jhaze1812 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:35 pm

So I'm a reservist (USMC) and its been a year since i left for Iraq and I have come to these conclusions in the 4 months since I have deactivated.

1. Military life is better, way better
2. With out my Wife, that crap would have SUCKeD
3. I support the Sec Def's decision to not deploy reservists outside their MOS (even though I went as Infantry w/ 2 weeks of training after training on tanks for 4.5 months)
4. Civil Affairs is a no joke job.
5. I had a blast and would love to deploy again.
DONATE LIFE
USMC Pro-Staff
M2D Camo Dealer
www.tipsandtails.weebly.com
Jhaze1812
hunter

Re: A year ago...

Postby duck$lammer » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Jhaze I would have to agree and being reserve you do get to pic where your station is in theory. As well you are in good for this season. I agree with the wife part as I am not as strong as mine in she had our son while I was here this time. two deployments ad think I am done though. in six years I have hunted one season due to mission first. There are too many birds and critters to still get after.
duck$lammer
hunter

Postby Jhaze1812 » Thu May 06, 2010 12:43 pm

Amen to that Duck. I think that wives and girlfriends, husbands/boyfriends are the unsung heros behind every service member that has one. It makes life so much easier for everyone.

Duck, we gotta try to get into the blind this year. My wife said if I read the twilight books she will get in the blind with me! hahaha.
DONATE LIFE
USMC Pro-Staff
M2D Camo Dealer
Jhaze1812
hunter

Postby duck$lammer » Thu May 06, 2010 1:23 pm

Damn J, I wish it was like that for me. Mine says if I want to hunt she is going with me, which have any others had this instance? For example I notice that dad's have to buy the kids liscnse once they hit 16 to prolly 18-20 due to school and economy and stuff, but I have 15 years til this. The gear for me was alot and thankfully my wife is a litlle skinnier than me and can use most of my stuff, but that means I have to get new for myself :beer: . But looking at it means double everything every year. Oh well i guess cleaning time cuts in half right? :fingerpt:
duck$lammer
hunter

Postby Jhaze1812 » Sun May 09, 2010 9:50 pm

Hahaha, Now we have got to go. My wife is content with me going, I had a bad week with work last season and got in a pretty good fight that stopped just short of an actuall throwdown. Coming home i found a case of beer ontop of a new set of waders.
DONATE LIFE
USMC Pro-Staff
M2D Camo Dealer
Jhaze1812
hunter

Postby T Man » Sun May 09, 2010 9:58 pm

duck$lammer wrote:Damn J, I wish it was like that for me. Mine says if I want to hunt she is going with me, which have any others had this instance? For example I notice that dad's have to buy the kids liscnse once they hit 16 to prolly 18-20 due to school and economy and stuff, but I have 15 years til this. The gear for me was alot and thankfully my wife is a litlle skinnier than me and can use most of my stuff, but that means I have to get new for myself :beer: . But looking at it means double everything every year. Oh well i guess cleaning time cuts in half right? :fingerpt:

Doesnt the traditional hazing require the new guy to clean the birds? (Even if not, she doesnt have to know) CLeaning time got cut off completly for you!
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby duck$lammer » Mon May 10, 2010 2:00 pm

J I will have to get your wifes number or give her my wifes number and see if she gives lessons.

T-- Very true. The only thing is there isnt that much meat in a duck to begin with and she could butcher it up if we are not careful
duck$lammer
hunter

Return to Military Forum