VA - Hunting Wives?

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

VA - Hunting Wives?

Postby ladyoftheblind » Tue May 18, 2010 11:11 am

Hey all,
Just wanted to know if there are any ladies out here that are looking to go out hunting. Maybe your spouse is deployed and still would like to get out on that water, just not alone. If so you're not alone. I would like to start a military/spouse hunting group. Don't get me wrong I love hunting with you guys, heck I started out with my husband, K9 and a couple other male buddies but it would be nice to have that same camaraderie with you gals. I know this summer while my husband is deployed I'll be the one getting our boat ready and everything prepared so we can get right out on that water when he returns. Just wanted to know if anyone else is in the same boat. Or guys, maybe you would like to get your wife interested in hunting with you but she's just a little nervous to go shooting with the boys?

*Lady of the Blind*
ladyoftheblind
Newb

Re: VA - Hunting Wives?

Postby lumpy2181 » Wed May 19, 2010 4:47 pm

Lady - Possibly moving to VA for my next duty station next year and I have been wanting my wife to come join me in the blind for a while now. I know she won't be getting up early so an afternoon hunt will probably what I will have to do. Any suggestions on what I can do to make sure she enjoys her first duck hunt? I will probably be on Belvoir if that helps at all. Thanks,

Will (USMC - Deployed till after duck season :lame: )
Bgold wrote:... I don't think we're doing it right though and my butt sure hurts...

That's what she said!!!
lumpy2181
hunter

Re: VA - Hunting Wives?

Postby k9horseluvr » Fri May 21, 2010 7:23 am

Nice user name! Anyone of you ladies looking for a good hunting partner...look no further. Lady is a lot of fun and has a pretty darn good bird dog (well it's actually her husband's, AFMAN) but he would probably let her keep him in shape! Hope some of you take her up on this offer.

K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Return to Military Forum