All armed forces members check out "Operation Duck Hunt"

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

All armed forces members check out "Operation Duck Hunt"

Postby TXduckHTR » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:06 am

Hello all,

My brother and I just started a non-profit called "operation Duck Hunt." We just launched the website, facebook page, and Twitter. We have had a lot of great feedback so far but could use some more so please pass this information along or at least friend us on Twitter or Facebook. Thank you for your time!

Website- operationduckhunt.org
Facebook- just search operation duck hunt
Twitter- operationduckhu

Here is a little about us.

Operation Duck Hunt is a non-profit organization that invites active members of the United States Armed Forces to participate in a no-charge guided duck hunt in central Texas. Waterfowl hunting is a very lucrative activity which requires vast land access, marine transportation, heavy gear and a wide range of knowledge to scout and locate waterfowl wildlife. Because we understand that an active military life might not be able to fully accommodate an interest in duck hunting, we invite any current member of the United States Armed Forces to come and enjoy a fun, safe and successful duck hunt in central Texas with die-hard duck hunters

God Bless and thank you for your service!
TXduckHTR
hunter

Re: All armed forces members check out "Operation Duck Hunt"

Postby loufaulkner » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:44 pm

Where are you guys at in TX in proximity to Sam Houston, Bliss, and Hood? Wouldn't mind working with you about getting a hunt together for wounded guys, with some possible sponsorship, so long as birds are there and we can make it a success. I'm retired and like to keep those that serve/served to keep up what they enjoy, regardless of what they may have encountered/experienced/suffered. Appreciated it guys. Send me a PM.
loufaulkner
hunter

Postby Remman » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:00 pm

I like the idea too, but I am in south Ga...anyway you could do the whole USA... I know its just getting started, and I would be willing to take a few wounded warriors, and active members.. thanks :thumbsup:
There is no such thing as a stranger,....... Just friends I haven't met!

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby TXduckHTR » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:45 pm

Thank you both for your reply. We will definitely be expanding sometime in the future. WE wil be taking our first two clients of the year this Saturday for a Teal hunt in the morning and dove hunt in the afternoon. They just got back from Iraq three weeks ago. I will be in touch and talk to you more about it soon. Take care and God Bless!
TXduckHTR
hunter

Postby gonefirefighting » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:04 pm

Almost makes me want to move to texas for duck season!...nice work!
gonefirefighting
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:48 pm

That is a great idea! Thank you for what you are doing!
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby loufaulkner » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:06 pm

Just won a sealed auction for a duck blind at one of our WMA's in western KY and will be taking some wounded warriors from Ft Campbell, KY to fill the slots. Didn't know there was paperwork involved, but should've figured with the military. So long as they have a good time and the birds are flying it will be a success. Its a start and reckon I'll see where it goes from here.
loufaulkner
hunter

Postby dukgtr187 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:05 am

thats an awesome idea. its defanately hard to find spots to go when your stationed on the other side of the untied states from where i use to hunt in ca. got out once on a guided hunt this year. Today is the first time ive missed the opener in a few years back home. o well gotta do my service to my country proudly like i want to
dukgtr187
hunter

Postby VaTailfeathers » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:11 am

Great idea. Thanks for starting this and also taking out our soldiers/sailors. I volunter a couple of WW events a year and plan to do some soldier invites to my blinds also.
VaTailfeathers
hunter

Postby coder14 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:48 pm

Hey that is way cool. How long is your hunting season there, and do you guys fill up? I was a medic with an Army convoy security company out of Utah. I know some of my guys would love this.
coder14
hunter

Postby Lngbrdr » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:26 pm

Good on ya Friend! My Wife and I just started something VERY similiar here in CA! Wish I would have known about you guys sooner! We certianly need to talk about some partnerships and how we can reach more Vets! :beer:

www.cvwa.us
www.facebook.com/cvwa.us
Combat Veterans Waterfowl Association
CEO/Founder
www.cvwa.us

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." -Thomas Paine, 1776
Lngbrdr
hunter

Postby Bob Bowden » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:46 pm

Operation Duck Hunt and all the great folks who replied to this topic,
Firstly, thanks for starting Operation Duck Hunt! I am a resident Texan, recently retired and pass through the Great State a few times a year, usually timed with various important migratory bird seasons.
I am the founder of TheLink-Up.org. I invite you to sign on and post your organizations hunting opportunity there. It can only boost your efforts!!
And to all the folks who replied who aren't from TX or Operation Duck Hunt, I ask you to please take a look at TheLInk-Up.org and consider signing on to offer a hunting trip in your area of the US.

I am happy to talk to any or all of you.

Best wishes,
Bob Bowden
www.TheLink-Up.org
p.s. I am coming to TX for teal season..also want to shoot some dove..want to go hunting? And take some wounded warriors??
Bob Bowden
Newb

Return to Military Forum