Marines, I need Some Info

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

Marines, I need Some Info

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:21 pm

So my brother is in boot camp right now at Parris Island. My family is wanting to get him some dress blues as a graduation present when he gets back. So, I've got two questions for y'all. How much are they, and where do we get them? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fellas. :thumbsup:
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Marines, I need Some Info

Postby Cougar12A » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:07 am

they should issue them near the end of basic?
Cougar12A
hunter

Postby gomarsh » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:54 am

I was in through 2005-2009 and we did not get issued blues. If they changed it and they do issue them, then dont worry about it just try and find out if he got them from his letters. If he does not get them you can buy them at exchanges on bases and military clothing stores. They run a few hundred dollars new. I would tell your parents not to get them for him, because it is something you will want him to try on. During family day which is the day you get your EGA they can take him on base and he can pick some out, otherwise you can do it after the graduation ceremony. They will still need to be tailored, but the size will be correct.
gomarsh
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:16 pm

gomarsh wrote:I was in through 2005-2009 and we did not get issued blues. If they changed it and they do issue them, then dont worry about it just try and find out if he got them from his letters. If he does not get them you can buy them at exchanges on bases and military clothing stores. They run a few hundred dollars new. I would tell your parents not to get them for him, because it is something you will want him to try on. During family day which is the day you get your EGA they can take him on base and he can pick some out, otherwise you can do it after the graduation ceremony. They will still need to be tailored, but the size will be correct.

Thanks gomarsh. You're right, they don't issue them out of boot camp, some people get them in their contract if they recruit enough people though. I've also heard not to get them out of boot camp since he'll have lost some weight. I don't know how it was when you went through boot, but I thought they got their EGA after the crucible. At least that's what they told me when I tried going in in '07 (I'm permanently disqualified due to medical issues). Anywho, we were going to wait a little bit I think. We might change our minds though. I'd say we'll wind up with them on family day if I had to guess. Though when I went up there for my buddy's graduation the uniform shop was crazy busy. I was just trying to get an exact price on them. I know the guide gets the dress blue trousers, but their the best in the platoon. I think he's got a good shot at that though.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gomarsh » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:54 pm

Yes they do loose weight and it is a good idea for most to keep the weight off. You do get your EGA after the crucible but not directly after it. They have a ceremony on family day, that is when u get it. Then you have a few hours with your family. If he wants to be the guide, he needs to be motivated, not necessarily the best. If he is loud all the time, motivated, and pushes his fellow Marines he can become the guide. You need to at least run a good PFT and be able to shoot descent not the best though. Most important thing though is to show you are a leader, if that means yelling at fellow recruits because they are turds, or people try and fall asleep in the classes, light em up. As far as money they are roughly a few hundred. Make sure he gets the real white cover, they are like 60 or something, but it looks better than the cloth cover.
gomarsh
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:02 pm

gomarsh wrote:Yes they do loose weight and it is a good idea for most to keep the weight off. You do get your EGA after the crucible but not directly after it. They have a ceremony on family day, that is when u get it. Then you have a few hours with your family. If he wants to be the guide, he needs to be motivated, not necessarily the best. If he is loud all the time, motivated, and pushes his fellow Marines he can become the guide. You need to at least run a good PFT and be able to shoot descent not the best though. Most important thing though is to show you are a leader, if that means yelling at fellow recruits because they are turds, or people try and fall asleep in the classes, light em up. As far as money they are roughly a few hundred. Make sure he gets the real white cover, they are like 60 or something, but it looks better than the cloth cover.

I'm sure he's yelling at people. :lol3: He was the CO in his ROTC unit in high school. He was running a 20 minute 3 mile when he left and was doing 18 pullups and exceeding the 100 situps in 2 minutes by a whole lot. He was in DEP for about a year too. He shoots really well, but I still out shoot him. :hammer: I think he can do it. Thanks for the help gomarsh. I've been to one graduation and can't wait to see him again. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby FITZH2O » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:02 pm

If he is the honor grad he will get his blues blouse compliments of the MCA, everyone gets the trousers issued.

That's a pretty good idea for a graduation present. If I recall your looking at about $300ish with the blouse itself, buttons, belt, and good vinyl cover . They come with crappy buttons on them but I don't know a single person that keeps them. For a few extra bucks they will take the junk buttons off the blouse and tailor holes for the anodized buttons.

Did a little research for you...

Coat = $154
Anodized Buttons = $34
Belt = $9
Belt Buckle = $20
Assembled Vinyl Cover = $63
Anodized Cover Emblem and Post = $4

Total = $284

Tailoring to size is free on base with purchase of coat, a small fee may be charged for the button hole though, I can't recall.
FITZ

"COMMON SENSE IS AN UNCOMMON VIRTUE"

VEG*NHIPPIE Wrote - I'm from the UK, and it's not an issue here

UNDERRADAR REPLIED - Hey, good to know that. Coming up on July 4, we have a celebration. You know of it?
FITZH2O
hunter

Postby FITZH2O » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:04 pm

Those prices are off of the MCX Uniform Store website. The actual base store prices should be very close if not the same.
FITZ

UNDERRADAR REPLIED - Hey, good to know that. Coming up on July 4, we have a celebration. You know of it?
FITZH2O
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:21 pm

FITZH2O wrote:Those prices are off of the MCX Uniform Store website. The actual base store prices should be very close if not the same.

Thanks FITZ. I assume you're in Camp Lejune in NC. If that's the case, you might be seeing my brother there for MOS school. He's going combat engineer and doing reserves at a base here in town while he's in college.

Thanks again everybody! :thumbsup:

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby chuckduckerUSMC » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:32 am

ok so there are some things that are untrue or have changed since these gentelmen have been to boot camp. let me start by saying that i graduated boot camp january of '09. as far as his blues uniform he will be issued it in boot camp, both blouse and trousers, or should i say i was in '09. as far as the EGA ceremony it is the day u arrive back at the parade deck from the crucible, at least my was. i say all of this but it could have changed. best would be to write him and find out he will be standing in 2-3 military clothing fittings. he will know. as far as his mos is concerned i hope he enjoys it. im deployed with ceb(combat engineering battalion) im actually a IED dog handler i have a black lab that is trained to sniff out homemade explosives. All this cause i raised duck dogs back home lol. talk bout tip of the spear me and him r the ones making it safe for follow on forces! anyways good luck hope i helped out.
SEXUALLY DEPRIVED 4 YOUR FREEDOM!!
chuckduckerUSMC
hunter

Postby FITZH2O » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:54 am

chuckduckerUSMC wrote:ok so there are some things that are untrue or have changed since these gentelmen have been to boot camp. let me start by saying that i graduated boot camp january of '09. as far as his blues uniform he will be issued it in boot camp, both blouse and trousers, or should i say i was in '09. as far as the EGA ceremony it is the day u arrive back at the parade deck from the crucible, at least my was. i say all of this but it could have changed. best would be to write him and find out he will be standing in 2-3 military clothing fittings. he will know. as far as his mos is concerned i hope he enjoys it. im deployed with ceb(combat engineering battalion) im actually a IED dog handler i have a black lab that is trained to sniff out homemade explosives. All this cause i raised duck dogs back home lol. talk bout tip of the spear me and him r the ones making it safe for follow on forces! anyways good luck hope i helped out.

He may be right... They may be issuing them now.

Thanks boot... :umm: :umm: :umm:

Preacher1011 wrote:
FITZH2O wrote:Those prices are off of the MCX Uniform Store website. The actual base store prices should be very close if not the same.

Thanks FITZ. I assume you're in Camp Lejune in NC. If that's the case, you might be seeing my brother there for MOS school. He's going combat engineer and doing reserves at a base here in town while he's in college.

I live there, but I'm in Germany for a short while right meow.

Sound's like he will be there for duck season, let me know and maybe I'll let him carry my deeks for me. :biggrin:
FITZ

FITZH2O
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:29 pm

FITZH2O wrote:
Sound's like he will be there for duck season, let me know and maybe I'll let him carry my deeks for me. :biggrin:

Haha, I'll let him know. He's on here, but isn't on much. Especially now. :lol3:

He said he wasn't going to get them issued. Maybe he was wrong though. I'll find out though.

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gomarsh » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:35 pm

Preacher1011 wrote:

Hell yeah Combat Rock.....I was a Combat Engineer. He should have went active duty, its the only way!
gomarsh
hunter

Postby FITZH2O » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:41 pm

gomarsh wrote:
Preacher1011 wrote:

Hell yeah Combat Rock.....I was a Combat Engineer. He should have went active duty, its the only way!

Gomarsh - Where in WNY you from? My folks live in Castile and my brother in Lima.
FITZ

FITZH2O
hunter

Postby gomarsh » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:10 pm

O wow im about a hour or a little longer from your parents. I killed a couple turkey's out that way (Letchworth state park). I am litteraly rite next to your brother. I am rite next to rochester just north. I hunt up around lima and the fingerlakes.
gomarsh
hunter

Postby FITZH2O » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:26 am

gomarsh wrote:O wow im about a hour or a little longer from your parents. I killed a couple turkey's out that way (Letchworth state park). I am litteraly rite next to your brother. I am rite next to rochester just north. I hunt up around lima and the fingerlakes.

No shitzengruben.
FITZ

FITZH2O
hunter

Postby gomarsh » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:18 pm

True story
gomarsh
hunter

Postby chuckduckerUSMC » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:43 pm

CEB (carrer ending battalion) wow even on here we cant seem to get away from being called boots... my mom has called me worst manes than a pair of footwear but nice one
chuckduckerUSMC
hunter

Postby gomarsh » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:40 pm

chuckduckerUSMC wrote:CEB (carrer ending battalion) wow even on here we cant seem to get away from being called boots... my mom has called me worst manes than a pair of footwear but nice one

What?
gomarsh
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:22 am

gomarsh wrote:
chuckduckerUSMC wrote:CEB (carrer ending battalion) wow even on here we cant seem to get away from being called boots... my mom has called me worst manes than a pair of footwear but nice one

What?

It looks like he earned himself a nickname in the Corps.

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby chuckduckerUSMC » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:32 am

lol boot i s term used to describe fresh or new marines. marines that have deployed or been in for a long time enjoy calling fresh to the fleet marines boots. stands for something but beats me im what u would call a unmotivated marine i joined this gun show wait to late in life and am definetly getting out. i was a grown *** man before the marine corp. it is for some and not for others im the latter. but more than glad i have done it.
chuckduckerUSMC
hunter

Postby gomarsh » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:16 pm

chuckduckerUSMC wrote:lol boot i s term used to describe fresh or new marines. marines that have deployed or been in for a long time enjoy calling fresh to the fleet marines boots. stands for something but beats me im what u would call a unmotivated marine i joined this gun show wait to late in life and am definetly getting out. i was a grown *** man before the marine corp. it is for some and not for others im the latter. but more than glad i have done it.

I know what boot stands for. Also we called them shower shoes. But you were saying that evan on duck hunting chat you are called a boot. Who said anything about a boot. And you said CEB(career ending battalion) I am assuming you were also a Combat rock and it pushed you out. May also assume you are what they call a salty ass lance corpral, maybe a corpral?
gomarsh
hunter

Postby FITZH2O » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:57 pm

HAHAHA

I called him a boot.

Chuck there ain't nothing wrong with 4 and out.
FITZ

FITZH2O
hunter

Postby gomarsh » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:08 pm

FITZH2O wrote:HAHAHA

I called him a boot.

Chuck there ain't nothing wrong with 4 and out.

Got it...just went back and read it. I was a Combat Engineer with CEB and we never had a dog that dealt with explosives... :huh: we had a 12 and a 14 and we walked with it to find crap. not sure how accurate this is...seems awkward and usually dealing with dogs in the civilian sector of things dont mean a thing to the military...Im curious about this. Do you know anything about it? I know they have dogs that were sniffing for mines while i was in afghanistan, but it was not americans, or Comabat Engineers for that matter.
gomarsh
hunter

Postby gomarsh » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:09 pm

FITZH2O wrote:
chuckduckerUSMC wrote:ok so there are some things that are untrue or have changed since these gentelmen have been to boot camp. let me start by saying that i graduated boot camp january of '09. as far as his blues uniform he will be issued it in boot camp, both blouse and trousers, or should i say i was in '09. as far as the EGA ceremony it is the day u arrive back at the parade deck from the crucible, at least my was. i say all of this but it could have changed. best would be to write him and find out he will be standing in 2-3 military clothing fittings. he will know. as far as his mos is concerned i hope he enjoys it. im deployed with ceb(combat engineering battalion) im actually a IED dog handler i have a black lab that is trained to sniff out homemade explosives. All this cause i raised duck dogs back home lol. talk bout tip of the spear me and him r the ones making it safe for follow on forces! anyways good luck hope i helped out.

He may be right... They may be issuing them now.

Thanks boot... :umm: :umm: :umm:

Preacher1011 wrote:

I live there, but I'm in Germany for a short while right meow.

What battalion are you with?
gomarsh
hunter

Next

Return to Military Forum