Duck hunting on pendelton

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

Duck hunting on pendelton

Postby 870dvldoc » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:10 pm

If your near the area and have some time this winter check out the hunting on pendelton
Dude thats a big duck.....your an idiot its a C5 taking off at Travis AFB.
http://kwakmancalls.com/
870dvldoc
hunter

Re: Duck hunting on pendelton

Postby steelslinger » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:15 am

No doubt about it, I was stationed there from 97-2000 and definitely did my share of duck hunting on Pendleton. The upper Margarita river next to Lake O'Neil was a prime spot for birds coming off the lake where there was no hunting allowed. Killed quite a few on the Lower Margarita, in fact killed my first spig there. As long as the levy doesn't wash out, there is great hunting on the river by the beach. Used to have it seperated into 4 different blind zones and could definitely kill lots of ducks out of zone 1 and 4. Even received permission from the GW (maybe because it was the Marines who were fapped at the time) to hunt right off the main road next to the bell and could really take some good numbers of roosting birds.

Can't tell you the amount of times that I have fished Lake O'Neil in a float tube around the back side and just see rafts of redheads as close as 25 yards away, always trying to hook one under the pretense of fishing.
If you hunt WITH your children today, you won't hunt FOR them tomorrow
Put "em in the woods and keep 'em off the streets
gangrig25 wrote:SO YOU WANT A PAT ON THE BACK OR WHAT :huh:
steelslinger
Capt. Obvious

Postby txgrunt03 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:11 pm

Good O'l Pendleton. Got out last year and it was an awesome duck season there. They filled up the perk ponds right at the start of the season, french creek was open pretty reguarly, and found a similiar spot on the Margarita River that was guranteed a couple of greenheads. Good luck hunting there. Give o'l frank a hard time for me.
txgrunt03
hunter

Postby 870dvldoc » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:33 pm

Hunted smr1 by the bridge on opener...did good, but otherwise the rest of the season was slow. Its fun giving Frank a hard time!!
Dude thats a big duck.....your an idiot its a C5 taking off at Travis AFB.
http://kwakmancalls.com/
870dvldoc
hunter

Postby bkraut » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Had no idea they had ducks. Surfed there a few times from 02 to 04. Heading down in Jan and going to be there for a few months. Guess I need to bring the browning...
bkraut
hunter

Return to Military Forum