ATTENTION ... AT EASE ... LISTEN UP

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

Re: ATTENTION ... AT EASE ... LISTEN UP

Postby conservation guy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:47 am

what a nice looking dog. looks like he can withstand the cold
yes my GSP get cold but thats ok i move to the fields when the water gets hard and hunt them all winter from layouts and a couple of structure blinds.
Keep your kids with you in the field.
My Father USMC Korea Vet now since passed showed me the way to be a sportsman and allowed me the chance to be one for the rest of my life, so enjoy your kids and they will remeber you forever.
Thanks for supporting the troops.
conservation guy
hunter

Postby tlegere104 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:29 pm

Those two babies in that photo are the ones who are now in the Army at Fort Bragg and Fort Hood. That photo was taken last season. I wish I could keep them with me, but they must spread there wings. In my opinion everyone of able body should serve there country in some capacity.
"No I don't have to arrest you, I choose to."
tlegere104
hunter

Postby conservation guy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:13 am

Ft Bragg & Ft Hood home to some great units
Great to see they joined the BEST branch

Serving in the US Army as a Rifle Squad Leader in defense of our Country was is and will always be the greatest thing I will ever achieve on this earth.

Tell your young Warriors to be safe and listen to their NCO's and previously deployed Squad Members they are now part of the greatest team on earth.

I pray for their safe and quick return to their father for many awsome years of hunting
conservation guy
hunter

Postby PoorSTLguy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:08 pm

what is the price of the calls for the soldiers?
PoorSTLguy
hunter

Postby tlegere104 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:03 am

PM me please, again it is not my intent to use this forum as an advertisement. There are paid sponsors that deserve your business on here.
tlegere104
hunter

Postby PoorSTLguy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:07 am

welp .. unless i'm the only one who got shafted .. looks like the "give a soldier a duck call" thread was actually "act like we'll give a soldier a duck call, then charge them for it"

sounded good. turned out to be misleading.

i have no problem buying a duck call (i was going to actually volunteer to pay a little any way for the kind gesture), just doesn't sit well with me implying they are going to be given away to vets or w/e and then asked to pay for them. :fingerhead:
PoorSTLguy
hunter

Postby Ichabod97 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:59 am

PoorSTLguy wrote:welp .. unless i'm the only one who got shafted .. looks like the "give a soldier a duck call" thread was actually "act like we'll give a soldier a duck call, then charge them for it"

i have no problem buying a duck call (i was going to actually volunteer to pay a little any way for the kind gesture), just doesn't sit well with me implying they are going to be given away to vets or w/e and then asked to pay for them. :fingerhead:

He said he was going to give out a few, you just happened to post up too late bro. He is not being misleading at all. Some of us got on the list in time...others did not.
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Modified Scissor Blind ppt

imaduckin up north wrote:There aint no ducks in VA
Ichabod97
State Moderator

Postby Dog Tired » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:48 am

PoorSTLguy wrote:welp .. unless i'm the only one who got shafted .. looks like the "give a soldier a duck call" thread was actually "act like we'll give a soldier a duck call, then charge them for it"

sorry you didnt get something free. you seem indignant that someone is going out of their way to try and give these away. i dont get the impression tlegere is trying to trick or mislead anyone...but he's only one guy (i assume) so he can only do so much. relax.
Dog Tired
hunter

Postby PoorSTLguy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:16 pm

i sent an e-mail back in early december .. he said i'd get a call. it didn't happen. if others did, great..i havent seen anyone thanking him here for the free call though

i just feel like the original post was misleading, and the PMs we exchanged saying he was going to send me one. and then the last PM i recieved from him saying it was going to be about $45.

seems shady, and slightly disturbing people are so willing to defend this type of behavior.
PoorSTLguy
hunter

Postby Ichabod97 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:35 pm

i have not received a call either, but i know he said he is only one man and might take him some time to turn the calls. I know i have not received any further PM's talking about a price at all. Maybe he got you confused with someone else.
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Ichabod97
State Moderator

Postby PoorSTLguy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:18 pm

i hope everyone gets their calls free of charge (free, because thats what the original post said) .. but like i said, he posted a picture of 6 new calls over a month ago and i haven't seen one person here saying "hey thanks for the call!"
PoorSTLguy
hunter

Postby Dog Tired » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:24 am

stlguy, it does sound odd. i guess its the internet, so you never know what youre going to get.

from one servicemember to another, nothing is really free brother.
Dog Tired
hunter

Postby BigAL64 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:30 pm

tlegere's silence is deafening! :no: :oops: :hammer:
BigAL64
hunter

Postby PoorSTLguy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:31 pm

BigAL64 wrote:tlegere's silence is deafening! :no: :oops: :hammer:

i wasnt going to be the one to say it, but those were kinda my thoughts as well.
PoorSTLguy
hunter

Postby tlegere104 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:47 pm

My apologies for the silence as I have been away with work and visiting one of my sons.

First of all I have not sent any calls to anyone yet. I believe that I told ALL OF YOU that you should not wait by your mailboxes for these calls. Second I am not charging anyone for their calls and will not. Not for calls or for postage. PoorSTLguy you sent me a PM and asked to cost of my calls and I gave you the prices for military members. I did not say anything about charging you for the call that I promised to send you. Maybe you were not clear on your PM, but if memory serves me you asked how much a call would cost to buy, not how much you had to pay for the one I promised you. I did not turn anyone down and will make all 32 of the requested calls that I promised to send. Third, in order to pay for the wood, supplies and postage for the calls that I will send you FREE I must satisfy paying customers prior to donations. I can appreciate that people have screwed people on here, but I am not a one time poster and have no reason to do this. I think if you look in the past post a call that I made and sent last year was posted. I am a little pissed off about this and hope I have not offended those who did not buy into this. If you have a question or a concern you may PM me and I will get it on my cell phone when I cannot get to the forum because of Police work, Duck call making, or family.
tlegere104
hunter

Postby PoorSTLguy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:05 pm

im sorry im not buying any of this.

hope the rest of you guys get your calls.
PoorSTLguy
hunter

Postby tlegere104 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:21 pm

PoorSTLguy wrote:im sorry im not buying any of this.

hope the rest of you guys get your calls.

Your right you are not buying you pompous ass. I offer a free item and you want to give me crap about it. This is the PM I got from you and my response about prices.

Sent: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:24 am
by tlegere104
I normally sell the calls for $70 to $80, But I would sell a soldier or a cop a call for about $45. That is even for me on materials and time.

Sent: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:31 pm
by PoorSTLguy
Subject: ATTENTION ... AT EASE ... LISTEN UP

tlegere104 wrote:PM me please, again it is not my intent to use this forum as an advertisement. There are paid sponsors that deserve your business on here.

Your current complaints about my not getting you this call expediently is in stark contrast to your request for the FREE call to start with.

PoorSTLguy wrote:If you have the time and energy i'd like one. If you're just doing it for active duty members i totally understand and no hard feelings! :)

I was active duty from June 2007 to June 2011. Stationed at Hunter Army Airfield Savannah GA as an 88M (truck driver) in the 3rd Sustainment Brigade, 260th Quartermaster, 10th transportation company. We had a 15 month deployment (2008/2009) to iraq (stationed in kuwait) where we basically drove convoys from kuwait to northern iraq. Pretty much seen all of iraq those 15th months. Had a blast doing it too. There were some rough times but overall it was a great experience for me. Then when the earthquake in Haiti popped off my company got deployed there Jan 14th i believe to give them humanatarian support. We spent 2-3 months there and came on home. My daughter was born a few days after i got home from haiti so i decided to get out in June 2011 and go Reserve. Currently in the 1150th Transportation company in Granite City, IL.

I'm proud of your boys and wish them the best of luck! HOOAH :beer:

.. and this one

PoorSTLguy wrote:I'm 27 years old now so ill let you figure than one out on your own haha. I appreciate it and definitely no rush. but if it can be here before next season i'd love to call some birds with it and maybe do a little showin it off to my friends lol. :beer:

Spencer Guffey

I have nothing to hide here, but it is your attitude that ensures the standard rule of "No good deed goes unpunished!" Thank you for reinforcing that after 23 years of being a police officer.

As to my being genuine I will recall an earlier post, that I will tell you I DID NOT SOLICIT

brad0861 wrote:I got one of these calls in the mail while I was deployed last year. Best care package I got all year and it has done very well this year bringing down big greenheads. I use it as my main call now. Thanks again for the call man and of course all the support you show the troops overseas.
tlegere104
hunter

Postby PoorSTLguy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:05 am

the way i see it, and maybe im completely wrong .. you made a thread about giving some soldiers some duck calls a few months ago (awesome gesture) .. posted pics of the calls you made in the same thread, then sold the calls to other people? and nobody has stepped forward thanking you for the free call you made them?

maybe you have intentions of following through with your initial claim .. but based on the way this has all played out (the last 3+ months) the perception is that you're using this thread to make some money off your ducks calls... maybe (hopefully) you'll get around to the soldiers.

it just seems pretty shady to me. and honestly i wouldn't have said a word except i got the impression the pics of the calls you posted were meant for some of the soldiers you planned on sending them to. not quite sure why you would have posted them here if you didnt plan on sending them to the soldiers.

im over it. dont want/expect a call. best of luck to your boys, your call-making business, and all of the other soldiers serving
PoorSTLguy
hunter

Postby tlegere104 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:35 am

I have made no money off of this thread for any calls. I posted a photo of calls to provide an example of my work. The thread before the one of the call photos explains this (I thought). I think the explanation of waiting on the wood shipment would have explained that. The first group of calls are nearing completion and will roll out next week (6 cocobolo). Those are my kids and my dog too, although I am sure you don't believe that either. This is the last response I will give you on this matter. You have attacked my honor and resolve and tell me that "your over it". You little man are a prime example of why people don't want to generous. You are offered a free item and get angry that you do not get it on your schedule or when you believe that it should be there. You accuse me of misdeeds with no reason and hide behind your keyboard and cannot admit your wrong. I don't have to prove a damn thing to you. I will no longer use my energy in responding to your BS.
tlegere104
hunter

Postby Ichabod97 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:15 am

Alright, i am not a moderator in this part of the forums, but PoorSTLGuy...if you want to continue this debate, you guys need to take it to the PM's.

I see where tlegere104 is coming from here. He said he would get calls out to us. He posted this in the middle of duck season, so right off the bat i figured i would see the call sometime this spring/summer. You also figure...this guy makes these in his off time. He says he has 32 calls to make, i'm not call maker, but i guess they do take some time. Either way, if we end up with free calls, then that is awesome and i will be very much thankful. If not, then no sweat off my back and all that was wasted was a few minutes of my time on an internet forum post.

So once again...if you want to continue this debate, take it to the PM's or forget about it.
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Ichabod97
State Moderator

Postby PoorSTLguy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:25 am

im not sure what happened to the part where you said something along the lines of "i need to make sure i give the calls to the paying customers first" went .. it was there. dont see it now.

but, like i said .. looked to me like you made a thread claiming to give some soldiers some calls, then you made some calls, and no soldiers seemed to have gotten them. which leads me to believe you sent the calls to your paying customers first... and that to me, is shady as hell

i had no problem waiting for the calls. but why post pictures of the calls you made in the thread you made to "give some soldiers some calls" and then not give them those calls?

wish you would just admit that you made the thread, got a lot of responses from other people wanting to buy the calls, so you're selling as many as you can, and once you're done selling them you will try to get around to the soldier's call.
PoorSTLguy
hunter

Postby tlegere104 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:35 am

Third, in order to pay for the wood, supplies and postage for the calls that I will send you FREE I must satisfy paying customers prior to donations.

MODERATOR PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD
tlegere104
hunter

Postby PoorSTLguy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:17 am

again. seems like you made a thread claiming to make some free calls for soldiers, used this thread to advertise selling your calls, posted the pictures of the calls, and sold the calls to other people.

pictures were posted of calls. months have gone by. no soldiers have gotten a call as far as i know.

looks like your main goal here is selling calls and getting around to the soldiers claim to want to show appreciation to well, who knows when.

i got no problem with you selling calls, just dont use "i want to do something for the soldiers" as your means of advertisement if you're really just trying to get the word out that you make/sell calls.
PoorSTLguy
hunter

Postby Ichabod97 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:53 pm

PoorSTLguy - TAKE IT TO THE PM's man. Last warning about this because apparently you have no regard for the mods on this site.
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Ichabod97
State Moderator

Postby PoorSTLguy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:07 pm

i must have missed the first warning, and i wasnt aware i wasn't allowed to discuss this situation either... :huh:

good to know. im done.
PoorSTLguy
hunter

Previous

Return to Military Forum