Barksdale AFB Flag Lake

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

Barksdale AFB Flag Lake

Postby HunterRay7 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:48 am

I just got stationed here at Barksdale and from what Ive heard there is some awesome waterfowling on BAFB. I live in Liberty Heights on base and there is a waterr hole right out my back door. I ve been waterfowling for about 3 years now and know a little about it, but my no means am I an expert. Ive wanted the to get into some serious duckhunting since I was a kid, but originally being from central KY theres not that many. Ive got decoys and all that I also have a 2009 1448 Tracker with a 25HP Mercury on the back and I know theres plenty of water around here but I have no clue where to start?. Looking for some hunting partners to show me the ropes around here. Thanks
Last edited by HunterRay7 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HunterRay7
hunter

Re: Barksdale AFB Flag Lake

Postby CutEm214 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:56 am

Go talk to the biologists at the game shack. They will get you sorted out on the rules and regulations. South half of the lake is a bird sanctuary, so you can't hunt it...pretty much everything South of the main boat launch. Flag is on government property and only accessible by those with base clearance, but I would avoid lake naming on here for anything outside of BAFB...it won't make you any new friends.
CutEm214
hunter

Postby airborneduckhunter » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:09 pm

x2 on lake naming. Go check out the Louisiana state forum lower on forum home page. Most of the guys there are helpful. Be warned, from what I have heard about the nwla area, the duck hunters aren't always friendly. Good luck. I was at Ft Polk until a year ago. I hunted mostly SELA close to New Orleans, as I have family there. There are plenty of duck to be had and a couple guys on here in your area.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell
airborneduckhunter
hunter

Postby HunterRay7 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Thanks fellas... the forum thing is new to me so thanks for the heads up
HunterRay7
hunter

Postby benelliquackerstacker » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:46 pm

PM sent Ray
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

You can tell MOJO to suck it.... This jerk-a-spread sucks. Effff it. Splooosh (Hawkeye76)

blackrhino wrote:
I don't wear underwear and I would trade my best skillet to get rid of a bad woman.
benelliquackerstacker
hunter

Return to Military Forum