Military forum Mods

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

Military forum Mods

Postby Admin2 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:27 am

Guys, I have a ton of Mod applications to go through, most are for other forums too, basically I am over a month behind.

So for now at least I'm going to let Cut un Mod this forum.

Once I am caught up (hopefully in a week or 2) , then cut un and I will have pow wow about this forum as there are more apps than positions available. Those who showed interest 1st and have a proven track record as a Mod will be at top part of the list for consideration as Mod on this forum.

So please be patient. In the mean time glad to see so much interest and hope you all will enjoy yourselves.

Oh, and one last thing, a note now and for the future: I am not going to tolerate any military bashing in this forum if it should ever happen. Meaning if a civi wants be bashing ya all, please let the Mods or I know about it, we will handle it. We want this place free of such insults to the service men and women of the US or other countrys too.
Last edited by Admin2 on Mon May 26, 2008 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Re: Military forum Mods

Postby QUACK3XS » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:39 am

Admin2 wrote:Oh, and one last thing, a note now and for the future: I am not going to tolerate any military bashing in this forum if it should ever happen. Meaning if a civi wants be bashing ya all, please let the Mods or I know about it, we will handle it. We want this place free of such insults to the service men and women of the US or other countrys too.

Right on brother :thumbsup:
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
QUACK3XS
hunter

Postby Rdneckhnter09 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:03 pm

i agree, totally,
Travis Brown, Stanley NC

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
John F. Kennedy
Rdneckhnter09
account suspended for advertising/promo

Location: sit'n on a creek bank underneath a shade tree MONTANA

Postby NickCies80 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:24 pm

Since we are not tolerating any militarty bashing does that mean we will tolerate bashing civi's? Just kidding.

Nick
NEED SLEEP!
NickCies80
State Moderator

Postby cut_un » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:40 pm

Yea, what He said :thumbsup:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby ugly ford » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:47 pm

take your time man. i would be proud to try and start something just an idea but hear me out. how hard would it be to start something for the wounded soilders out there in every state? can we maybe take some kind of donations to get a hunt together for them if they cant make it out on there own? i would be willing to do anything it takes for our soilders out here in Minnesota.
if you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in english thank a veteran.

MIA POW YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTIN

there is nothing more deadly then a MARINE and his rifle!
ugly ford
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:32 am

Good Idea, we in our local state waterfowl org. Vawfa are doing just that, we are not only involved to getting our service men/women out into duck and goose blinds but also handycapped hunters as well. many deer and turkey hunt but most have never been offered the opportinity to get in a goose or duck blind.

One note for those thinking about giving our sporting brothers the opportinity to waterfowl hunt. It's a sport that comes with a little additional expences This may be for some a "one time hunt" or once a season hunt, additional expences may hinder them from getting involved. The added expence of additional stamps and permits and the price of non toxic shot may stop some from being able to attend. If you can find a way to have someone donate old steel to help you cause, every little bit helps :thumbsup:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby ugly ford » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:44 am

i am sure there is some older gents out there i can find that used to load there own loads, and dont do it anymore. i could probably get them to donate there pellets, powder or what ever they have laying around. me and my buddy built a duck boat last year that we made it have a complete flat deck from front to back and i was even going to ad seats that would be ajustable in highth. this was all for me and my buddy but got to thinking how well this would work for people that cant move as well due to injuries. all i need is some one that is willing to sell me a boat and motor for cheap so i can do this to my own boat. would love to help these guys if i can.
if you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in english thank a veteran.

MIA POW YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTIN

there is nothing more deadly then a MARINE and his rifle!
ugly ford
hunter

Been a good week!

Postby cut_un » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:45 pm

Guys, it's been a good week for the new forum, looks like everyone is getting to know one another and swapping a few stories/pics! Hope you will continue to pass the word along so more guys/gals can enjoy some "down time" talkin duck :yes:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby QUACK3XS » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:31 pm

I'm sure it will grow fast :thumbsup:
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
QUACK3XS
hunter

Hooah!

Postby SGM-DKHNTR » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:53 pm

I was very thankful and happy to find this forum. Thanks to who ever it was that thought of us.

Hooah!

mac
"I see dead birds flying"
SGM-DKHNTR
hunter

Postby cut_un » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:56 pm

Mac, looking for ways to expand on an idea. If you or anyone else has any thoughts of how we( local waterfowling public) can help out. We don't want you guys "to miss a beat" while you are serving all across the country. Our season is about over here in Va. but with a little work, we can make the up coming season" just about like home" :yes:

What do you guys need & want this forum to provide??

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby drake~slayer » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:09 pm

I am soo happy that people are thinking about us Vets. Usualy it is vets that help other vets.But there are those Civilians that are happy to help out. And in the spirit of giving I am going to offer to any "disabled" Vet in sacramento or surrounding area the chance to hunt from my pontoon island. Barley soda, my cousin and I are building it as we speak. This invitation is open during the next duck season. We can set it up at any time. We just have to coordinate it . I know that it is probably too soon to do it now but i just wanted to put it out there. The pontoon blind is going to be 12'X5" at this time. I plan on expanding it tho. As it is now we will be able to hunt three guns from it comfortably.If'n anyone is interested let me know by PMing me....
Shoot 'em in the face.
drake~slayer
hunter

Return to Military Forum