Duck Hunting Forum banner

NY MILITARY LETS HEAR FROM YA

4K views 55 replies 11 participants last post by  mikethehelopilot 
#1 ·
I served 12 years in the NAVY SEABEES OOOHHH- RAAAAAHHH

"WE BUILD WE FIGHT"

"CAN DO"

"WE WILL PAVE OUR WAY TO VICTORY"

I got a spot on my crew if you can give the name of the bull-dozer in the movie "THE FIGHTING SEABEES"???

#2 ·
WOW NOBODY.....................HELLO...............ANYONE...................................

............BUELLER...................FRY....................................BUELLER.......

...................HELLO.........................A TREE JUST FELL.........................

............DID YOU HEAR IT.................................HAL.............................

...................WE'RE JAMMIN..........HOPE YOU LIKE JAMMIN TOO..........

......DO YOU KNOW WHAT MARINE STANDS FOR?................................

.....My *** Rides In Navy Equipment..................................................

............IS THIS THING ON????...........................................................

#3 ·
whats going on bro? we clear the path for you to pave....LOL

how's your season going? Real slow for me up here in the falls, didn't make it out once during early season and only once so far during late season. Where is arkwright? Been through most of the state, don't recall passing by there.

#4 ·
Armyguy, the season started slow and has picked up since. My crew has a total of 8 bands this year. That is a very high # usally 1 or 2 is more like it. Arkwright is 50 miles southwest of buffalo, near Cassadaga. Our family owns the Arkwright falls ( google it ). It's about 8 miles from Dunkirk. Oh yeah.........................thanks for responding I was alone for awhile

PM me next season & we'll hunt :yes:

#5 ·
sounds like your having a great season,way to go :thumbsup: what are you hunting ponds or the lake? I have a nice piece of state land that is flooded timber that last year was awsome for early season. This year it froze up to quick :mad: I,d love to hit up the upper and lower rivers and lakes...just not set up for it yet. Bird total for this yr is still 0... Last year was my first yr out and we smashed the mallards and got a banded drake to boot. I work out between seneca and cayuga lakes and still trying to lock down some spots. It seems like you have to be born with hunting rights or in the blind itself...lol there pretty serious out there. At least we have the special late goose season so there,s still hope yet

#6 ·
No, I worked to get my feilds, ponds & honey holes. It took me many years. Athough yahoos still show up and try to hunt. Do your homework brother, ya gotta get out & scout. Don't be afraid to ask the farmers/ land owners. Remember the farmer dosen't always own the land. Maybe we can hook up next season, My crew is usally pretty full on opening days, but we'll see. Turn that 0 birds into a 1 at least :thumbsup:

#8 ·
I don't know :huh: sometimes. It's just different. I still miss the BEES alot..................what I don't miss is those candy *** little boot shiner YES men. I would've been a better sailor.......................If were the 60's. I told it like it was, which didn't give me great evals, But i still got out as an E-6 ( some how ). Yes Tarheel, you and 870, harv, we'll get you down here. Bring your own beer, I haven't had a drop in 9 yrs. I kinda had a prob. ya know. It's a long story for another time. Gee I hope us three aren't the only ones????? :thumbsup:

#9 ·
Hey guys, I'm a native born and raised NYer from Ithaca, NY. That's abourt four hours south east of Buffalo. We have great duck hunting there.

I'm currently serving at Ft Lewis right now. Three years from this summer they'll throw my old @$$ out. This is my last assignment and then there'll be four of us in NY wacking quack.

Hooah!!! Can't wait to get back home!!! :thumbsup:

#13 ·
welcome SGM and tarheel.. Hey SGM send me a pm when you get back in town I work up in Ovid, NY every other week or so, maybe get together some time.

Tarheel where you building at? I have alot of friends up that way, may be able to put you in touch with a few quack wackers up that way. Last snow count was 3 to 4 feet on the tug hill before the warm snap.

#14 ·
Red...our dates up here in Northern NY are:
2007 September Canada Goose Season: Sept 1-25 8 day

2007 Regular Goose Hunting Season: Oct 27 - Dec 10 3/day

Ducks, Coots, Mergansers Oct 6 - Oct 14 and then Oct 24 - Dec 13

Armyguy...I bought an old remodeled house in the country..my address is Clayton, NY and I live about 4 miles from the St Lawrence river. I am hooked up with 870, and have made a couple contacts with a few more locals up here, but the more contacts and hunting partners.... the better

#15 ·
Hey, thanks guys. Looking forward to staying in touch.

Yo *******, you better bring your long johns and pocket warmers if you plan on hunting up there. It aint like hunting south of the Mason Dixen line. BRRRRRRRR! :eek:

I'll be sure and pm ya armyguy. Ovid's not far from Ithaca. We might just have to choke a cold one or two down. :thumbsup:

Enjoy the rest of your season. We're whacking the he!! out of them out here in WA now that they decided to finally migrate south.

L8TR
mac

#16 ·
you guys dont know cold, i've been hunt'n in ND when it was -20 with a windchill of -50, TELL ME ABOUT COLD NOW lol, Chris thanks for the dates man

#21 ·
You know, you gotta ask yourself just how much do you hate ducks to make you want to go out in that kind of cold to kill em. :hammer:

I just returned from a week of duck hunting in South Texas. 40's at night with upper 70's during the day. Now that's duck hunting! :thumbsup:

Once I get back home I'll just have to bundle up cuz I hate them to death. (Their death of course) :rofl:

Oh, and BTW *******, not to get into a mine's bigger then your's type of arguement, but it does gets that cold in Ithaca as well. It get's soo cold,,,,,,(HOW COLD DOES IT GET???), it's get's so cold my firing pin was froze so the shot never went off. When it's that cold you gotta keep your gun dry of oil. (true story)

I'm enjoying throwing the BS with yall (oops, been stationed in the south tooooo long, I meant "you all") :oops: .

Have a great day gang, talk at ya later.

mac

#22 ·
Great Pix Quack. That's the way the back of a pick up should look! :hammer: Full of Green heads and Sky Carp (that's what my buds and I call the Canada's. a YOUR THE MAN!! :thumbsup:

If I could ever figure out how to put pictures on this darn thing I'd throw ya some back.

Keep stackin em up, but save a few for me for when I retire and get back home in a few years.

Hooah!!

#23 ·
70 degrees :thumbsdown: Thats why i love the late season, all the POSERS STAY HOME ;nancyboy: I've been to S. Texas there's a crap load of snows down there. Wouldn't mind it so warm 1 day just to open up the HONEY HOLE :yes: SGM glad to have ya and many ducks for ya ( I'm just pickin with ya)

#24 ·
Yeah, I'm back up in WA doing the cold hunting again, :rolleyes: but that 70 degree "Nancy" hunting was sweet. :thumbsup: We hammered em in S. Texas. :hammer: A mixed bad of Teal, Pintails, Gaddy's, Widgeons, Whistlers, Shovelers, one Ringneck, and one Mallard. I've never seen many Mallards down there. 56 total for the week between my buddies and I.

We saw thousands of snow and Speckle Belly (White Fronted)geese during that week. We also saw a lot of Sand Hill Cranes. Unfortunately everything was a mile high. They all use to roost at the lake we hunt, but those days are gone. You'd need a SAM (surface to air missile) to get at them now.

I take a good ribbing, no prob.

Talk atcha ya later

#25 ·
ya'll aint right(thats right i said it lol)blaze has been hunt'n in WV when it was 16 below, so he's used to it(i hope he is) if not he will be cause i'm going to montana for college

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.